The contract between activision and microsoft

#1slickuticaPosted 1/24/2012 8:17:50 PM
I know im not alone with my disgust of this deal between the two but since the contract coming to a end this year,
Do you think they will make a new contract or finally put up DLC at the same time for all consoles?
---
psn name Dr_ROCKSO
#2undeniablefatePosted 1/24/2012 8:24:10 PM
Activision probably knows about PS3 users' disgust about this contract.

That said, there has been no real uprising or boycott to warrant Activision to not renew this contract. I heard Microsoft pays top dollar for those rights.

*sigh*
---
"Hey! That's Tom Cruise packing fudge!"
o-XxKaoTIc-_-eFFecTxX-o "Omigod, ur name is so MLG."
#3dman3981Posted 1/24/2012 8:31:34 PM(edited)
Guaranteed they are going to re-instate the contract. Microsoft for sure is going to offer to renew the contract considering they just paid for Skyrim DLC and most likely Activision is going to accept.
It would be amazing though if Sony offered money for a contract for DLC exclusivity but what be even more amazing if Sony offered money for a contract that states all systems have to get the DLC at the same time. Highly unlikely though.
---
People have different taste and that's just fine by me.
#4ArsenicOverlordPosted 1/24/2012 8:53:45 PM
It's really simple.

If Activision feels that they are losing more money than they get from MS's contract, then they won't renew it.

If Activision feels that they are losing some money, but MS contract money is greater than that loss, then they will renew it.

And judging from the overall responses here -- lots of people saying "this sucks," "let's complain to Activision," but almost nobody saying "I'm not gonna buy the map packs" -- I think it's a safe bet they will renew it.
---
Phosphorus? Pfffft, who needs 'em??
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9808/ps3rtfmposterv3.jpg