"Enemy predator missile incoming"?

#1FunkchopPosted 4/28/2012 8:53:33 AM
Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem I'm having. For whatever reason, my radio operator... guy... NEVER tells me there's an enemy predator missile incoming. It doesn't have anything to do with him telling me about other things (like the fact that I have a UAV, three times in a row), and he'll tell me all about FRIENDLY predator missiles, but I'm pretty positive I've never heard him tell me about enemy ones. Even when he's saying nothing at all, he can't be bothered to warn me. What a jerk, right?

My friend assures me that he doesn't have this problem, and a quick search of these boards didn't reveal anyone else having it either. Is it just me?
#2kuterPosted 4/28/2012 9:31:32 AM
Do you have VOICE GAME volume down? in black ops it used to also mute the "commentator" that said when you had your killstreak or enemy had killstreak, should check that out
#3xMessiahbolicalPosted 4/28/2012 9:40:54 AM
...If he actually WAS telling you that an enemy predator missile was incoming I'd be more worried, because the game simply isn't programmed to alert you of predator missiles. You're supposed to keep an eye on the minimap and listen for them. Like a stealth bomber you're not supposed to be announced of their presence early on, you're supposed to only finally realize they're coming for you when it's too late.
---
PSN - xwageslavex
#4elheberPosted 4/28/2012 11:37:47 AM
lol
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#5xMessiahbolicalPosted 4/28/2012 12:30:03 PM
Your friend really trolled the s*** out of you. lol
---
PSN - xwageslavex
#6Funkchop(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2012 5:20:26 PM
Hahaha, seriously?! God damn. It's possible he wasn't trolling me, he might just be that stupid. Didn't they warn you in MW2?
#7elheberPosted 4/28/2012 7:42:49 PM
Funkchop posted...
Hahaha, seriously?! God damn. It's possible he wasn't trolling me, he might just be that stupid. Didn't they warn you in MW2?

They did not.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#8Overlord_RazePosted 4/28/2012 7:48:40 PM
The fact that you can both see the predator on the mini-map and hear it coming was warning enough.

Announcing it would've just been redundant. Plus, announcements typically are delayed, so you would probably be blown up by the time he warned you about it.
---
Recently Completed: Fragile Dreams, Arc Rise Fantasia, HD Neptunia (Plat.)
Currently Playing: Record of Agarest War Zero, Xenoblade, and MW3 (mKs member)
#9OrlandoMagicianPosted 4/28/2012 7:50:36 PM
xMessiahbolical posted...
...If he actually WAS telling you that an enemy predator missile was incoming I'd be more worried, because the game simply isn't programmed to alert you of predator missiles. You're supposed to keep an eye on the minimap and listen for them. Like a stealth bomber you're not supposed to be announced of their presence early on, you're supposed to only finally realize they're coming for you when it's too late.

Of course Stealth Bombers dropped by enemies are not announced, hence the name. But, I never understood why friendly Stealth Bombers aren't announced other than the name indication and plane icon. It's kinda annoying when you run hear the rumble and go to hide and see it's your team's SB.
#10DbrainstormPosted 4/29/2012 8:55:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]