New Mode, Special Ops Chaos Mode

#1jdak10Posted 8/3/2012 4:37:59 AM
Sounds like Zombies. Was announced with the rest of Collection 4.

inb4elitescams

http://www.callofduty.com/mw3/news
---
http://vidyachan.org
#2xMessiahbolicalPosted 8/3/2012 5:26:24 AM
Wow... a drop with NO maps included at all? I payed $50 to wait a month after the 360 users to get ONLY a bunch of Spec Ops missions which I don't even play? Thanks.

And on top of that, I'm FORCED to install onto my PS3 and waste my time and hard drive space on them in order to play my DLC multiplayer maps. They recently made it so you're required to download EVERY DLC piece that you own in order to access your DLC multiplayer maps, even if you're missing 1 Spec Ops mission, which has nothing to do with online multiplayer, you're still can't play the DLC maps online which is stupid.

So basically this whole DLC drop is going to be a complete WASTE for me... a waste of time, a waste of money, a waste of bandwidth, and a FORCED waste of hard drive space(My PS3 only has like 2-3gbs left as it is, and that's AFTER clearing space recently)

F*** Activision if they think I'm wasting my money on Elite again.
---
PSN - xwageslavex
#3darkshadowmasterPosted 8/3/2012 5:29:52 AM
^

You do not have to have them all installed to play get to play on the maps, that warning was just worded poorly.

It will still let you play on the maps that you have installed on your system even though it says you can't. I actually planned on not reinstalling all the DLC when I got that error message and was happy I didn't have to worry about disabling it until all the DLC maps popped up anyway. The only thing that error message does is make it so that you cannot disable the DLC until you get all the packs.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#4supergreatPosted 8/3/2012 5:36:50 AM
I do complain about elite a lot even tho I even find fun in face/off mode currently :)

Vertigo just rocks the map designers are geniouses.

But mostly I still love Survival and its been too long since we got some new maps ,and the last time it was only just one Map (Oasis).

But this new CHAOS really sounds like a lot of fun, I am looking forward to it with anticipation!

Also its nice they will bring it kinda early in the month so we should get it in first week of next month already. This current month will be fun anyways with the 3(2 elite only) maps.
#5supergreatPosted 8/3/2012 5:42:04 AM
*** I meant VORTEX , the map with the storms,that one just ROCKS.
#6xMessiahbolicalPosted 8/3/2012 5:46:58 AM
darkshadowmaster posted...
^

You do not have to have them all installed to play get to play on the maps, that warning was just worded poorly.

It will still let you play on the maps that you have installed on your system even though it says you can't. I actually planned on not reinstalling all the DLC when I got that error message and was happy I didn't have to worry about disabling it until all the DLC maps popped up anyway. The only thing that error message does is make it so that you cannot disable the DLC until you get all the packs.

That's false. For a month straight I couldn't play on any of the DLC maps unless I actually went and joined a playlist that ONLY searches for certain DLC maps...

For instance, if I went to the "Face Off" playlists, it would let me play on Aground and Erosion, because those are the 2 maps that the Face Off playlists HAVE to search for by default, whether your "DLC is disabled" or not. However, the premium DLC maps, Lookout and Getaway, would never show up in the playlists, despite them being installed on the disc and accessible in Private Match.

Another example, is that if I actually went to the "DLC Collection 2 Playlist" I could play on only Sanctuary, Foundation, and Oasis. Because, again, those are the maps that that playlist searches for default. But that was literally the only way I could play any of the DLC maps online except through Private Match.

So, if I went to normal playlists, NO DLC maps would EVER show up in the playlist at all. I didn't get to play on ANY of the DLC Content Pack 1(Liberation, Black Box, Piazza, Overwatch) maps at all for a whole month straight. I tried everything... deleting my MW3 save files, including all of the Patches and DLC and spending hours re-downloading and reinstalling anything and nothing would fix it until I finally gave in and downloaded all of the Spec Ops missions which I never even wanted to download. But once I installed the final one, the error went away and I could play on any DLC Multiplayer map in normal playlists.
---
PSN - xwageslavex
#7jdak10(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2012 5:51:31 AM
supergreat posted...
*** I meant VORTEX , the map with the storms,that one just ROCKS.

I'm completely stuck on Faceoff. Not sure how I'll split my time for the new maps. I guess the question is $60 for BlackOps2 or $50 for Elite. Does suck they piled so many multiplayer maps a month before Bo2 hits. Maybe I'll just skip it.
---
http://vidyachan.org
#8DerDoDoPosted 8/3/2012 6:07:59 AM
darkshadowmaster posted...
^

Thats not completely exact. I currently do not have access to my DLC maps because I did not download one of the Spec ops missions down the line as I am not playing them anyway. They just do not show up anyomore. But this changes as soon as I play with a party, I can go to all of them straight away... It sucks, just can't be asked to download all of them again right now just because I forgot which one I missed....
---
When the smart always give in, the dumb will rule the world....
PSN:Riddlesnake
#9darkshadowmasterPosted 8/3/2012 6:12:36 AM
Not sure why it's not working for you guys because all I picked was KC and it repeatedly threw me in Liberation/Black Box/all other DLC maps I had already downloaded when it was telling me "You can only play in origional maps"

Like I said, the only reason I redownloaded them all was so it would let me disable them.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#10DerDoDoPosted 8/3/2012 6:15:15 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]