How to tell who's host?

#1MrtyuPosted 11/14/2011 10:51:26 AM
Percentage sign from mw2 dosent work and its practically impossible to tell by the bars.
---
Currently Playing MW3
#2UraRenge2005Posted 11/14/2011 10:54:55 AM
Actually its very easy to tell by the bars.

If everyone in the game is laggin and scraming bloody murder..... and they are all red bar except for that one tool in Australia...... its a good clue.
---
COD4- Legit 10th 55 MW2- Legit 10th 70 Currently playing COD Black Ops. No Boosting. cheating, hacking or glitching.
#3Mrtyu(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2011 10:56:41 AM
for me when everyone lags it just shows as everyone as 4 green bars.
---
Currently Playing MW3
#4Absolutezero93Posted 11/14/2011 10:59:12 AM
UraRenge2005 posted...
Actually its very easy to tell by the bars.

If everyone in the game is laggin and scraming bloody murder..... and they are all red bar except for that one tool in Australia...... its a good clue.

What about when everybody has zero bars? Plenty of time's have I seen that happen. So, no, the bars are not a good indication of who's host in this game.
---
I'm not looking for help, I'm complaining. This is GameFAQs, isn't it? ~ Shad0wflare
#5jiggaman112toPosted 11/14/2011 10:59:41 AM

Its actually really easy, just look at the loading screen when you enter a game. If it says awaiting challenges you know you the Host. If it says awaiting connection then your not the host. Also at the start of the game if your the host your always the first character to render, if you render up and somebody is in front of you then your not the host. You can also look at the status bar at  the start of the game, its a little harder to tell this way in mw3 for some reason but you should also have all 4 bars green.

#6KamikazeSurgePosted 11/14/2011 11:04:34 AM
Easiest way to find out? As soon as the game loads, check the connections (scoreboard) and the only name with the highest connection (or most likely the only one with green bars) is the host. But you have to check this ASAP cause you only have a small time window.
---
"If you force sex upon a prostitute, is it rape or shoplifting?"
#7firehawk1995Posted 11/14/2011 11:18:22 AM
KamikazeSurge posted...
Easiest way to find out? As soon as the game loads, check the connections (scoreboard) and the only name with the highest connection (or most likely the only one with green bars) is the host. But you have to check this ASAP cause you only have a small time window.

That's what I would do in MW2... but I do that here and now it's "hmmm... everyone is a three bar???"
#8KamikazeSurgePosted 11/14/2011 11:24:04 AM
Hmm. It still works for me. Or maybe I'm just mistaken on who I assume the host is. Who knows.
---
"If you force sex upon a prostitute, is it rape or shoplifting?"