Best gaming headset for mw3?

#1iiTryhardPosted 11/5/2011 10:09:26 AM
In reality, ill most likely end up getting some astros for christmas, but I just wanted to make this topic to get some different opinions and maybe find a hidden gem.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

By the way, i already have tritton ax 720s and they break WAY too easy
#2MageofBlood391Posted 11/5/2011 10:15:00 AM(edited)
The MixAmp and a pair of nice, open ear headphones with good sound stage (Sennheiser HD595s and Audio-Technica ATH-AD700s get a lot of love) in combination with the Califone CM-316 or a better clip-on mic will be the "best" headset for gaming.

But as for an actual gaming headset, you're probably looking at the Turtle Beach HPX or Sennheiser PC360s. Maybe the 2011 A40s, but I imagine they still sound tinny like the previous versions.

Edit: The MMX 300s posted below are also supposed to be good, though I honestly think that if you're willing to spend that kind of money on a gaming headset and you're not getting audiophile headphones, then you're doing it wrong.
---
Smart ninja-type dude.
#3BrownPackPosted 11/5/2011 10:13:10 AM
If I had the money, I'd get these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb_yqGGaf5Y

I'd either get that, or get the best MW3 turtle beach headset available.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/call-of-duty-headsets/mw3-ear-force-delta.aspx
---
Five, one two three four FiF
#4Andrew_RyannPosted 11/5/2011 10:15:41 AM
Sound isn't too great in this game unfortunately...seems like they adopted Treyarch's soft footsteps. They're a little louder than Black Ops, but for the most part, you won't hear anyone until you get sit rep pro.
#5MageofBlood391Posted 11/5/2011 10:17:19 AM

Sound isn't too great in this game unfortunately...seems like they adopted Treyarch's soft footsteps. They're a little louder than Black Ops, but for the most part, you won't hear anyone until you get sit rep pro.

The ability to hear people's footsteps better is not reason enough for TC to want the "best gaming headset." If that's all he cared about then the Turtle Beach DX12s would easily suffice.
---
Smart ninja-type dude.
#6Atropis_OrthPosted 11/5/2011 10:19:45 AM
I prefer Tritton to TBs or Astros. They're just more comfortable to me and they're finally coming out with wireless headsets, so I'll be picking those up.
---
To most Christians, the bible is like a license agreement. Nobody actually reads it. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I Agree".
#7BrownPackPosted 11/5/2011 10:26:05 AM
Atropis_Orth posted...
I prefer Tritton to TBs or Astros. They're just more comfortable to me and they're finally coming out with wireless headsets, so I'll be picking those up.

I don't know. Tritton is made by Mad Catz. And from a lifetime of buying their products, they're not the best at making what they do. But their controllers are pretty nice.
---
Five, one two three four FiF
#8KakkayPosted 11/5/2011 10:36:16 AM
I swear by my turtle beach x41's.
---
Warning: The above post may contain sarcasm.
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/simplegreen/Kakkay.jpg
#9Michelangelo_x1Posted 11/5/2011 10:52:34 AM
I highly recommend the Tritton AX720 headset. The first headset I bought was a Turtle Beach x11. For the money, it provided excellent sound. The problem was it physically broke within a few months. I contacted their customer service department, but they never even responded. I decided to upgrade and try a different manufacturer.

With headsets it seems like you are either going to spend a small amount of money and get substandard quality or you have to be willing to step up. Astro's and other products in that category are more than I'm willing to pay right now, so my goal was to get the best I could for the money.

I feel very lucky to have purchased the Tritton AX720. They are $129 and that was in my price range. They broadcast in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround and you can hear exactly where people are. I cannot say enough positive things about the quality of the audio while gaming. The fact that the headset can also be hooked up to my laptop for DVD's/music is a nice bonus as well. A lot of people shy away from wired headsets but the AX720 does not have a ton of wires like the Turtle Beach x11.

Perhaps I sound like a total Fanboy right now but I'm alright with that. I just remember trying to find the right headset myself and wanted to share my experience. While playing Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2, Ninja Pro has become a staple of my loadout due to the advantage it provides. Needless to stay, "Dead Silence" will be a favored perk of mine in Modern Warfare 3 and may even warrant spending a Presitge Token to permanently unlock!
#10AanetiKalma3773Posted 11/5/2011 11:21:02 AM
I haven't seen anybody mention Sharkoon headsets. The Xtatic 5.1 is a really good headset and I believe it's underrated next to Turtle Beaches and Tritton. The are extremely durable and work with 360, PS3, and PC, which is an important feature for me. If your looking for a quality headset under $200, and your not a TB or Tritton fanboy, check out the Sharkoon Xtatic 5.1.
---
Gamertag: AanetiKalma7337
PSN: AanetiKalma3773