Is anybody else just sick of the MOAB in general in this game?

#1TrueIronSheikPosted 4/15/2012 9:35:23 PM
I, like most people, honestly don't even care about the MOAB in this game. I mean, cool, you went on a 25 (or 24) gunstreak, got lucky, and managed to call in a bomb that kills the whole team. Big whoop. I can do the same thing with my gun, and I don't need to go on a long, lucky ass killstreak to do that.

The reasons I'm saying this is because every time I see a Youtube commentary these days, 90% of the time it's about getting a MOAB. And ALL they talk about is getting the MOAB. "Oh, you gotta run over to this side of their spawn, and then the other side", and whatnot. Honestly, who cares? What the hell are they really accomplishing anyways? I mean, by the time Black Ops 2 comes out, it's all going to end up meaning nothing Oh, you've gotten a hundred nukes in MW2? Who cares! That game is old news! Everybody's talking about the MOAB now!

It seems that these days, people only judge you by how good you are at MW3 by seeing how many MOABs you got, when honestly, that's not even true at all. Hell, most of the time, the Youtube commentators don't even go for the objectives in the game at all. They only care about that stupid killstreak.

I honestly have more fun playing the game for what it is, and ruining try-hards chances of getting that oh-so precious MOAB than anything.
---
Be humbled.
#2DepreceV2Posted 4/15/2012 9:36:34 PM
You watch WAY too much MW3 youtube commentators...
---
Currently playing: MW3, MW2, BF3, Tiger Woods 13, FFXIII
Javelin Montage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxKm4Dsthqs
#3VinniedonutsPosted 4/15/2012 9:40:29 PM
TL;DR OP never got a MOAB
#4TrueIronSheik(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 9:41:21 PM
DepreceV2 posted...
You watch WAY too much MW3 youtube commentators...

Honestly, not really. I only watch maybe about 5 of them now. Chris Smoove, MinnesotaBurns, Exquizite, Chris Spooner, Sandy Ravage, and that's about it really. Whiteboy7thst annoys the HELL out of me. XCal isn't that great since he's a massive dashboarder. Never cared for WingsofRedemption, and that's really all I can name TBH.
---
Be humbled.
#5TrueIronSheik(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 9:42:39 PM
Vinniedonuts posted...

Got 15 of them thank you very much. And honestly, I didn't have fun doing it. And FYI, 1.84 K/D, 60% W/L ratio, and 14 golden guns.

Your welcome.
---
Be humbled.
#6VelociswaggerPosted 4/15/2012 9:44:49 PM
TrueIronSheik posted...
I, like most people, honestly don't even care about the MOAB in this game. I mean, cool, you went on a 25 (or 24) gunstreak, got lucky, and managed to call in a bomb that kills the whole team. Big whoop. I can do the same thing with my gun, and I don't need to go on a long, lucky ass killstreak to do that.

The reasons I'm saying this is because every time I see a Youtube commentary these days, 90% of the time it's about getting a MOAB. And ALL they talk about is getting the MOAB. "Oh, you gotta run over to this side of their spawn, and then the other side", and whatnot. Honestly, who cares? What the hell are they really accomplishing anyways? I mean, by the time Black Ops 2 comes out, it's all going to end up meaning nothing Oh, you've gotten a hundred nukes in MW2? Who cares! That game is old news! Everybody's talking about the MOAB now!

It seems that these days, people only judge you by how good you are at MW3 by seeing how many MOABs you got, when honestly, that's not even true at all. Hell, most of the time, the Youtube commentators don't even go for the objectives in the game at all. They only care about that stupid killstreak.

I honestly have more fun playing the game for what it is, and ruining try-hards chances of getting that oh-so precious MOAB than anything.

Hello fellow comrad who's slightly upset, I'm here to point out a few flaws in your argument.
1. Once you get more than 1 MOAB it starts to become based on skill, not luck. I'm at my 19th and I assure you I did not get lucky 19 times.
2. Youtube commentary, nuff said
3. Who cares? A lot of people do, there's no time like the present. If it didn't matter you wouldn't be writing a huge illogical rant about it.
4. You used the term try hard, which
a. Is just an excuse for you being bad
b. Made me question my actions as to why I'm even taking this slightly seriously.
---
Operator.
GT: Hausk FTW
#7VinniedonutsPosted 4/15/2012 9:46:40 PM
TrueIronSheik posted...
Vinniedonuts posted...

Got 15 of them thank you very much. And honestly, I didn't have fun doing it. And FYI, 1.84 K/D, 60% W/L ratio, and 14 golden guns.

Your welcome.

14 golden guns, you must be James Bond.
2.14 k/d 75% w/l gold guns are tacky; see I can lie to cept about the gold guns
#8RaMbliN_WrecKPosted 4/15/2012 9:47:29 PM
TrueIronSheik posted...
Vinniedonuts posted...

Your welcome.

They're a lot more fun to get when you get them naturally, not through camping and ignoring the objective. Not saying you do, but out of my 88 I think I've probably 'tried' for 5 of them.
---
PSN:R4mBl1n_Wr3cK
#9TrueIronSheik(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 9:48:55 PM
Hell, I don't even know why I posted the rant anyways. This is freaking Gamefaqs for God's sake. Most of you have your heads up your asses, and don't even bother to actually try to comprehend what some people try to say. No wonder you people stay on this blasted website.
---
Be humbled.
#10TrueIronSheik(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 9:51:10 PM
Vinniedonuts posted...
TrueIronSheik posted...
Vinniedonuts posted...

Your welcome.

14 golden guns, you must be James Bond.
2.14 k/d 75% w/l gold guns are tacky; see I can lie to cept about the gold guns

Only problem is, mine wasn't a lie. But seeing as how yours is, I can tell you're probably one of those guys who tries to lie on a message board just to try and fit in, so you don't look like a scrub.

Too bad you just made yourself look stupider than your username.
---
Be humbled.