The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

You guys thought the Model was bad? Try the under barrel shotgun, I dare you.

#1BipBapBamPosted 4/27/2012 12:55:31 PM
It's a rare case I don't need the full 4 shots to kill someone, within knifing distance from them. -_- I was doing it for faster weapon xp, but it's so not worth losing my sanity. Anyone who actually got 40 kills with this thing deserves a billion dollars.
#2darkshadowmasterPosted 4/27/2012 12:58:01 PM
Believe it or not, I've actually had better luck with OSK at close range with the under barrel shotgun than I have with the actual shotguns.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#3TyrantKnightPosted 4/27/2012 1:02:12 PM
Yup. Had to go to Hardcore for that one.
---
PSN: Exaccus
GT: EXPLODING VAN
#4AskansirPosted 4/27/2012 1:17:19 PM

Sad, it was semi-useful in MW2.

Believe it or not, I finally tried it on BO after a year + of owning that game.

Unusable is a good way to describe the BO one. 4 pellets that work at 5 foot range max.

I haven't bothered in this game...actually, I probably haven't unlocked any yet...

#5NriepwPosted 4/27/2012 1:28:19 PM
Askansir posted...
Sad, it was semi-useful in MW2.Believe it or not, I finally tried it on BO after a year + of owning that game.Unusable is a good way to describe the BO one. 4 pellets that work at 5 foot range max.I haven't bothered in this game...actually, I probably haven't unlocked any yet...

What? I actually used it on BO. It was really good.
#6BipBapBam(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2012 1:29:09 PM
Didn't the BO one have the same stats as the Stakeout? It seemed decent to me.
#7zcicecoldPosted 4/27/2012 1:38:15 PM
I got the 40 kills on the MK14. That was a rage inducing test of patience.
---
"Also, you gotta give Johnny Cage props for going into fairy-tale land and pretty much taking on monsters." - Kush_n_OJ
#8BTzzPosted 4/27/2012 1:45:31 PM
Askansir posted...
Sad, it was semi-useful in MW2.Believe it or not, I finally tried it on BO after a year + of owning that game.Unusable is a good way to describe the BO one. 4 pellets that work at 5 foot range max.I haven't bothered in this game...actually, I probably haven't unlocked any yet...

You joking bro?

I've done plenty of Masterkey only games and that gun was sweeeeeeet. Basically a slightly weaker Stakeout with a lower range. Plus it got the other shotgun perks, AKA, no second chance.

<3 Masterkey.
---
Xbox 360 GT: Ian Bits
#9billnye69Posted 4/27/2012 2:21:37 PM
Check the ammo crate, did you use the one marked peanuts? I know I did.
---
Game Series that tons of people liked but I thought were terrible. - Half-Life, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Bio Shock, Left4Dead.
#10DarkemastePosted 4/27/2012 4:10:07 PM(edited)
An excerpt taken from another thread mentioning/comparing the Masterkey from both games.~
~~~~~
"Gf the pump actions that can pull around 350 (players only have 100 health) damage, with damage in close range eh?.

At best, the MW3 masterkey barely does 150(25-5X6), and thats only if every single pellet connects. It's capable, but pales in comparison to even BO's version.

What I mean is, BO's masterkey had 8 pellets, had better range, and potentially did 240(30-10X8), which was basically a mini stake-out with a faster RoF(even vs gripped SO), with the same spread that also didn't widen with movement, thats attached to any AR of your choice. :s"
~~~~~

If anything, the masterkey in BO was better than the stake-out from BO if you were accurate (use steady aim) within it's effective range.
What it lacked in damage/range(-10 damage per pellet, thats it), it made up for in a much better RoF, even compared to the stakeout's grip glitch.
It's hip-fire spread wasn't widened/worsened with movement either, and it came attached to an assault rifle of your choosing.
Anything past close range you could just switch to your AR anyway, so you could still carry a strella/etc. It even negated 2nd chance as an added perk.

All the masterkey really is in MW3, is a naked pre-patch USAS, with the fire rate of the KSG, thats it. :s

I could post more, but I'll just post the chart for everything shotgun in MW3~
(Warning, viewer discretion is advised.)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmWEaU8N7NeddFlNRk44SHkydC1ucE54YmVBS2FJT0E

You have been warned.
:p
---
Common sense seems to be more uncommon.