Whats happening to video games D:

#1I_Am_Good17Posted 4/30/2012 2:52:57 PM
I have been playing games ever since I was Five. perfect dark and golden eye are all i wanted to play. I still remember getting Duke Nukem taken away from me. Playing Grand Theft Auto 3 at a friends house and feeling like a bad ass for playing it. Then i got Xbox live and instantly jumped into counter strike,Halo 2(the best multiplayer game next to CoD4)and gears of war. Ever since these games, they have been going down hill. I just don't find the joy in video games anymore. They hold your hand to much now. They all judge you on how much you play not on how skilled you are. i remember when you were the max rank at a game it meant you were a bad ass now it just means your some loser that plays like a girl for more hours than me.
Mw3 is horrible :/
I dont understand how a game releases the number 1 selling game of all time and then asks for more money for maps they have on the disc or already have made in the past
---
GT-I Am Good
#2IamAlegend2005Posted 4/30/2012 2:55:12 PM
what is this? i dont even...
---
My signature is AWESOME!
#3Noke0Posted 4/30/2012 5:46:57 PM
Halo 2 was golden ages for XBL. Hell console multiplayer in general. Call of Duty 2 was another. Not MW2. Then MW came out. We got a bunch of these new whiney gamers that have only played CoD MW1+ and complain about everything in the game.

I am in the same boat as you. Grew up playing N64 and PS1 FPS versus. Also many many old school games prior. Then the era of Bad Kids came in. Calling things out such as camping, hard-scoping, noobtubing (which was a problem in MW2). I guess kids will whine about anything nowadays. It's a game, play how you play it and have fun with how you play the GAME. Because it is a game, the whiners are not gamers. Let's just call them critics from now on. Seeing as they are not real gamers.
---
GT: o Blue x
Currently Playing: Bastion, OOT3D, MW3, TF2 and FFlll/VI
#4zeppelin312Posted 4/30/2012 5:50:05 PM

I still own my original NES and atari

*hipster moment*

#5SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 4/30/2012 6:01:04 PM
zeppelin312 posted...
I still own my original NES and atari*hipster moment*

I wish I hadn't traded in so much stuff back then. I now have about 40 XBOX 360 games, most games for 1 system I've ever had at one time. I still have my original SNES, PSX, Dreamcast, XBOX, PS2, and Gameboy (the very first one, the huge gray one with the green screen.) The rest from my earlier days my mother traded in for the newer system for me, wish she wouldn't have been so cheap : \
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Stay smart"
#6Fritz0x8Posted 4/30/2012 6:05:58 PM
I still got my collection of tigar eletrionic wrist watches. But besides that DUDE! Get off your high horse! Games are better than they evere been, drop the nostalgia glasses.
#7SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 4/30/2012 6:09:06 PM
Fritz0x8 posted...
I still got my collection of tigar eletrionic wrist watches. But besides that DUDE! Get off your high horse! Games are better than they evere been, drop the nostalgia glasses.

The big test is picking up an old game and playing it now. Ya, of course the graphics are terrible compared to today's stuff, but the controls and responsiveness is atrocious in the older 3d games.

Fritz0x8, my grandmother used to buy me those little tiger handhelds for my birthday. They were fun for about 5 min, then I'd wonder why I didn't get a Nintendo game.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Stay smart"
#8SnizMasterJPosted 4/30/2012 6:24:24 PM
zeppelin312 posted...
I still own my original NES and atari*hipster moment*

I still got all my old systems from the original nes all up to now. Never gonna give them up.
#9PlatinumGamer1Posted 4/30/2012 6:30:02 PM
I personally bought both of the Banjo Kazooie games on the Xbox since my N64 controller is broken, making it impossible to play them on that.
---
GT:The Gestapo24
#10NarutoTaioPosted 4/30/2012 6:33:44 PM
Lol its not the games.
Its you