Just got kicked from my clan for capping a 3rd flag on domination.

#1RagingKoalaBearPosted 5/2/2012 2:57:01 PM
I've been with these guys since the beginning and it's pretty sad this happened. I was playing domination with my clan s2s and captured C on arkaden. Everyone got super pissed for doing it instead of holdin 2 flags, even though A was just taken. It lead to a huge argument and immediately backed out of the game, kicked me from the party, and then kicked me from the clan.. unbelievable lol...

Are there any clans out there looking to pick up a decent player? My k/d is 1.29 but I run and gun 24/7 and hunt down campers with a passion. Post here and let me know!
---
GT: whosyodaddeh
#2Generalk121Posted 5/2/2012 2:58:43 PM
Gotta watch out for that 3 cap.
---
---
Call someone a Woman = Trolling. Never change Mods. ~GT = Faint DVS~
#3TheohazardPosted 5/2/2012 3:07:13 PM
I can see getting annoyed at someone for capping the third flag, but any emotion stronger than that is just unnecessary in my opinion. Kicking someone from a clan for that? Ridiculous.

TC, if you're in a clan that would boot someone for something like that, maybe it's a good thing you're not with them anymore.
---
0331: "One belt, one kill."
#4The HattaPosted 5/2/2012 3:30:02 PM
TC, if you're in a clan that would boot someone for something like that, maybe it's a good thing you're not with them anymore.

That's absolutely right. Personally, I recommend just avoiding the clan scene in general, as in my opinion, douchiness is pretty common in that area (although usually not the the level that you described).

I think rather than a clan, it's nice to just have a laid back (albeit skilled if you prefer) bunch of friends to play with somewhat regularly.
---
Number of Gamefaqs users who have openly admitted to having a dream about me (not even kidding)
1 ;) you know who you are!
#5BrownPackPosted 5/2/2012 3:31:19 PM
I can't believe how stupid you are for capping that 3rd flag. you deserve to be kicked from the game, period.

Just kidding though man, that was really harsh, and stupid of your clan. That is very immature. I know capping a third flag will offset the spawns, but on the upside, capping 3 flags can create a hectic situation for the other team. If they're organized, they'll stick together and try to capture one. If not... then you've got yourself a chokehold on the other team, as they'll just try to capture whatever flag they can individually, and if your team is good enough, all you have to do is set up defensive positions.

As the above poster said, if they kicked you for something like that, maybe it's better you're not in that clan. Find yourself a better team, and exact your revenge on them.
---
Five, one two three four FiF
#6RagingKoalaBear(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 3:32:20 PM
I definitely don't want to abandon the clan scene. It's additional content that I paid for by getting elite. I got that clan from 1-23 with those guys. I really enjoy doing every clan op so I for sure need a new clan I just don't know how to go about doing it other than suing against people then asking.
---
#7The HattaPosted 5/2/2012 3:38:23 PM
fair enough

honestly, I really have no idea what extra content elite has in regards to clans, but if there's stuff in there meant for clan play that you payed for, then by all means, just find a better one. :)
---
Number of Gamefaqs users who have openly admitted to having a dream about me (not even kidding)
1 ;) you know who you are!
#8RagingKoalaBear(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 3:45:40 PM
BrownPack that is EXACTLY what I do when I play Dom. Everything you said is spot on man. Is there a way to search for clans on elite? I tried and you have to search a specific clan name. I figured posting here might be a good idea.
---
#9BrownPackPosted 5/2/2012 4:25:10 PM
RagingKoalaBear posted...
BrownPack that is EXACTLY what I do when I play Dom. Everything you said is spot on man. Is there a way to search for clans on elite? I tried and you have to search a specific clan name. I figured posting here might be a good idea.

if I ever have the opportunity, I cap all 3. I know my team is good enough to fend them off the other flags.
---
Five, one two three four FiF
#10ando1985Posted 5/2/2012 5:01:42 PM
Damn that is ridiculous. I understand the advantage of only capping 2, but sometimes it is a good strategy to get a flag on the opposite side of the map after losing one. The enemy team will be on the other side of the map and will take precious moments to get back to it.

But, kicking out of a clan for something like that? People take the game way too seriously.

I played every now and then with people from my friend's clan and they would post up in specific positions and get pissed if someone pushed forward. I rush and play aggressively for the most part. Just sitting back and posting up on someone else's spot or standing infront of a teammate would get me yelled at.

I'd much rather play with a group of real life friends even if it won't result in winning every time and an inflated KD. Sometimes clans like yours take the fun out of the game.