COD Online Lifespan

#1adam_kps2Posted 3/13/2012 6:37:07 PM
Hi all,

This is a serious question. I'm doing some research on gaming lifespan. Given that COD is one of the biggest games of the year when it's released it seemed like a good place to start.

Some questions I'd like input on:

1. Do you play more than one COD game online e.g. new installment and previous installment?
2. What kills your interest in COD's online experience?
3. What strengthens your interest in COD's online experience?
4. What the long period of time (roughly) you've stuck with a COD game MP experience e.g. 1 month, 3 months, 1 year etc
5. Are DLC and expansions packs essential content to make you purchase the game or would you buy it even if DLC wasn't guaranteed?

Thanks for any input you can give me. These are genuine questions, not intended to cause a flame war so any decent feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!
---
PSN ID: unicronic
#2GiantHaystacksPosted 3/16/2012 4:10:15 AM
I may be atypical...

1. Do you play more than one COD game online e.g. new installment and previous installment?

No.

There is too much hacking in the game.

I'm shallow enough to enjoy earning titles and emblems for completing challenges but primarily it's because I like competing against skilled players (assuming I win, of course)

4. What the long period of time (roughly) you've stuck with a COD game MP experience e.g. 1 month, 3 months, 1 year etc

1 year for MW2 and Black Ops

5. Are DLC and expansions packs essential content to make you purchase the game or would you buy it even if DLC wasn't guaranteed?

No, not essential. Indeed, although I bought all the DLC for Black Ops, I ended up playing on a server that didn't run all packs.
---
2% overpowered
#3BarSoapSudsPosted 3/19/2012 11:24:37 PM
Nope

Hackers, and it's been nearly the same game for 3 years

Fun factor. It's not a bad game by any means.

I'd say I play CoD for about 2 months after release. Play it for about a week every other month after. that seems about right.

Nope.