Cesare (ending spoilers)

#1jmsbond35Posted 12/2/2010 8:29:54 PM

So, am I the only one that thinks there's something supernatural about him? I thought that was exactly what Ubi was implying during his death scene, but nobody seems to comment on it. I mean, they repeated that line "I cannot be killed by any man" and "I will bring humans into a new world" quite a few times.

That and the fact that when he gets thrown off not only do we not see him die, he kind of evaporates. Does he have a connection to the Ones Who Came Before or am I just crazy and he really was just a power crazy nut? I have a feeling Ubi would have let us see him dead if he really was a useless character. Also considering the next game won't be Ezio's story anymore, we can assume Ezio won't fight a left-for-dead Cesare like he did Rodrigo.

So, assuming he's still alive and knowing the next AC will be a new setting, there's something fishy about him.

#2lilORANGPosted 12/2/2010 8:39:24 PM
I thought the same thing. The problem is Cesare is a real historical person who had a documented funeral. Ubi's big thing with the franchise is keeping the history as accurate as possible while spinning a huge conspiracy on top of it.
---
PSN: lilORANG
You can lead a horse to water....but why not ride it? You have a horse!!
#3EddyRajaPosted 12/2/2010 8:48:12 PM
I still lol'd when Ezio just Dropped him.Like seriously ezio was like "THEN I WILL LET FATE DECIDE!" i was like **** Ezio..
---
Psn:Raiden672008, "Hey wassa-matta-you Altair?"-Desmond
#4airtamisPosted 12/2/2010 8:54:59 PM
Yeah, I laughed. If it was me, it'd be something like this....

Ceasere: No! I cannot be killed by man!
Me: Oh really? *Shanks him* WHAT NOW!?!
#5SonicNashPosted 12/2/2010 8:56:47 PM
Cesare: NO MAN CAN KILL ME!!!
Hooded person: You are right...
*Remove hood*
I AM A WOMAN!
*Stab*

---
PSN: ChrisBalrog
#6Patriarch105Posted 12/2/2010 8:59:23 PM
Thank god he's dead in real life. You know who else people thought was supernatural? Hitler

You know what he was? Just a crazy psycho who deserved to die.
---
I currently play Super Street Fighter 4
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me. PSN: Stryker105
#7Vicious756Posted 12/2/2010 9:54:15 PM
I thought there was something fishy about him too. The way he talked about himself and the way Juno kept referring to a "He" or "Him" that would never stop or something to that effect. She also said something like "we can try to hold him back, but not forever."

He's probably just insane though, and the "He" Juno refers to is probably someone/thing far worse than Cesare.
#8jmsbond35(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2010 10:25:44 PM

Yea, I definitely agree the "he" that is referred to is something else, most likely the sun (notice how eagle vision reveals the sun as faint gold, indicating a "target"(?)). Although I still can't get over his diehard lines and the strange way we see him fall. I know every single character in the game is at least documented and Cesare was definitely real, but it's not like they haven't messed with the facts at all throughout the series (Rodrigo being a Templar in general and gaining powers when he owned the Staff). They certainly could tweak his existence by making him more "important" than we thought while still maintaing his identity.

#9OrangeIbanezOnePosted 12/2/2010 10:31:10 PM
I thought there was something fishy about him too. The way he talked about himself and the way Juno kept referring to a "He" or "Him" that would never stop or something to that effect. She also said something like "we can try to hold him back, but not forever."

He's probably just insane though, and the "He" Juno refers to is probably someone/thing far worse than Cesare.

That was Minerva actually. It said so at the end of the last game. Juno is actually Jupiter aka Zeus.
---
With a whimper, not a bang. Pretty general stuff, sir.
#10OrangeIbanezOnePosted 12/2/2010 10:32:00 PM
Nevermind, I'm an idiot.
---
With a whimper, not a bang. Pretty general stuff, sir.