Is multiplayer any good?

#1random_barsPosted 12/3/2010 1:28:55 AM
I've been playing Brutal Legend's multiplayer for a while now, and wouldn't mind having another online game that isn't a generic FPS - by the sound of it this game's multiplayer is as interesting and unique as Brutal Legend's. Is that true? Or if you haven't played BL, in general, is this game's multiplayer any good?
---
"random_bars is now the dumbest person on gamefaqs to date." -Genesteak
#2MushangaPosted 12/3/2010 1:32:54 AM
It's a new fresh type of multiplayer gameplay and it works very well (provided enough people don't take to the roofs).

If you're looking for something different compared to the endless stream of multiplayer shooters like CoD etc, pick this game.
#3bozthemanPosted 12/3/2010 4:34:34 AM
Its ok at first, but gets boring pretty quickly. The only mode i enjoyed was wanted but there are some things which kinda spoil it big time.
#4JayLJohnstonPosted 12/3/2010 5:51:20 AM
It's nothing like BL's multiplayer, but it's quite amazing. I've never played anything like it, so it's a new experience. They did a great job with it. Sometimes in large groups, finding a match is a bit tough, but backing out and re-searching usually makes it work. I'd say that you'll probably like it if you liked the uniqueness of BL's multiplayer. There's not RTS aspects to this. It's plain up cat and mouse chasing and being aware of who's getting close to you at the same time.
#5Raddy8Posted 12/3/2010 6:51:30 AM
Didn't even realize BL had multiplayer (haven't played the game aside from a demo). This game's MP is a ton of fun most of the time. Sometimes things just don't go your way, like in wanted mode. Approaching my target, walking casually, getting ready to attack when lo and behold, the person in front of them happened to be my pursuer and kills me first. Frustrating lol, but still good fun.
---
Gamertag: Y2JUnleashed
#6SirGizmoPosted 12/3/2010 7:20:08 AM
It's fun, but gets old fast. Not much variety, no incentive to play once you hit level 50, and such.
---
"If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton.
#7Orange_Crush554Posted 12/3/2010 8:39:45 AM
It doesn't really get as old as fast as some people claim, outplaying my killer and punching him and his friend in the face in manhunt never gets old.

OH. And don't forget to walk the dinosaur after, then madly dash for the nearest chase gate.
#8SirGizmoPosted 12/3/2010 8:43:22 AM
Wouldn't have hurt to add at least one game type with an objective mode. All of the game modes are basically death matches or variants of it.
---
"If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton.
#9keybladelord12Posted 12/3/2010 8:48:54 AM
"Wouldn't have hurt to add at least one game type with an objective mode. All of the game modes are basically death matches or variants of it. "

I agree with this completely. My only complaint with multiplayer is that there are no unique game modes.
---
nfaskjffdsafasdfadas
#10random_bars(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2010 11:52:42 AM
I can live without variety of game modes. What I'm really looking for is a unique multiplayer that isn't just the average FPS crap that I've already played thousands of times.
---
"random_bars is now the dumbest person on gamefaqs to date." -Genesteak