75 Power Shots to the Body? (minor spoilers)

#1btaylorstlPosted 3/2/2011 10:16:34 PM
You've got to be kidding me. I can't even do this on amateur. Honestly, I can't even figure out how to consistently make Andre even punch for the body. I'm holding L1 but he still goes for the head. I know I'm doing something wrong, so can someone explain a little better than the game does exactly how body punches work?

Talking about the Frost fight in Champion Mode, of course. Any tips in general would be appreciated. How can you get that many body power shots without opening yourself up to getting blasted by Frost?
---
This signature will not change until the St. Louis Cardinals win the World Series. Started: 10/28/06
#2DbHKPosted 3/2/2011 10:23:41 PM
push the left stick inward bro.
---
MMA is #1.
#3Edon95Posted 3/2/2011 11:47:48 PM
Just hold LT and spam the B button and it will work.
#4DamonD666Posted 3/3/2011 6:37:01 AM
Hold L1 and lean forward (left analog toward opponent) to do body shots. And make sure you are holding R2 to make them power shots.

If you are having trouble accomplishing this, keep in mind you have 3 rounds (rounds 3 to 5) to get 75 in, so space them out... as long as you get 25 in each round, survive for the rest of the time in the rounds. And if you start hearing music (Andre is in trouble), back off until it goes away.
#5ram8704Posted 3/3/2011 7:57:14 AM
Geesh all that text thumb stick left and right thats it. Good day sir.
---
Xbox is strong....but ps3 is solid !! --wArSoLdIeR
#6btaylorstl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2011 9:12:17 AM
And make sure you are holding R2 to make them power shots.

Are you sure this is necessary? That's what I was doing, but in one of the game over prompts it said something more straightforward, like, "Land 75 hooks or uppercuts to the body." Maybe when they say "power shots" they just mean "power punches" (i.e. hooks/uppercuts versus jabs/straights.) That would definitely make this easier, because the risk involved with modifying these shots makes it much harder to stay on your feet when he counters.

Thanks for the more precise explanation of how to throw body shots consistently. I wasn't sure if you had to push the left stick toward the opponent or just down. There were times when I could repeatedly throw body shots for a while, but in the heat of battle it wasn't clear what I was doing differently with the sticks.
---
This signature will not change until the St. Louis Cardinals win the World Series. Started: 10/28/06
#7rickyricc13Posted 3/3/2011 10:10:03 AM
You don't need to hold R2, just need 75 shots to the body... Just wait till frost throws a punch, flick the analog stick left or right, hold L1 and throw 2 or 3 hooks to the body and then back away.. Rinse and repeat.. Had no problem doing this on pro and once you get 75 shots, just stay away from him
---
PS3 - FC 2 - [Y$W]Rickyricc (Y$W co-leader)
#8true_gamer80Posted 3/3/2011 11:03:47 AM
And make sure you are holding R2 to make them power shots.

DO NOT pay attention to those tht dnt know wht thy talkn about. All you need to do is hooks/upercuts to body. All modified powershots will do is ask to be winded/knocked out. Waste of time/stamina. Always keep u distance, move in quick, 2-3 hooks /uppercuts to his body thn retreat, repeat. You'll get 75 before round needed to get all thm. Always be on move, get good at blocking/avoiding, never never use modified powershots...never
---
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?
#9btaylorstl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2011 12:25:13 PM
Thanks for the advice. Once I realized that you don't need to hold R2 and finally grasped that leaning forward is what allows body shots, not just holding L1, it was pretty much cake. Trying to throw R2 body shots all the time is incredibly slow, tires you out, and leaves you open to getting floored by Isaac's counters. Just throwing regular shots, I easily got to 75 about midway through the 4th round.

I don't blame people for thinking that R2 is required, though, because the cutscene is VERY misleading. Gus keeps shouting "POWER SHOTS! POWER SHOTS!" which seems to be emphasizing the power punching mechanic. It was only the text on the "game over" screen that indicated that you just needed to throw hooks and uppercuts to the body.

Awesome game, and incredible mode, though. It was even better than I thought it would be from the trailers, which is pretty rare.
---