Help!! Watchers

#1nickps3Posted 8/23/2011 1:34:46 PM

im having troubles defeating the watchers guys. they shatters my weapon and then kill me!

Will i have other chances in fighting the same ones?

Any tips on fighting them!?

#2IostarsPosted 8/23/2011 11:27:17 PM
You'll fight them again in later parts of the game. As for beating them, sometimes the success depends on what weapon you currently have. I found the Veil to be generally effective in most boss battles thanks to better block and deflect capability. The boss battles in this game are pattern-heavy, so it's best to play defensively and take some time to recognize their attacks. I noticed that each of them have these:
1. Shockwave attack that damages and pushes you back while they're recovering from a knockdown. You'll see the initial 'glow' while they slowly rise. Keep your distance after you knocked them down and pelt away with Gale.
2. A stance (like rising their arms) where they glowed and walk slowly. Any attack you dealt to them will be automatically countered, so just wait until the glow dissipates.
---
If its hunky i buy, if its funky i die! --- STEAWrules
#3nickps3(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2011 12:48:32 PM
Thanks that helps a lot!
#4SouloAscianPosted 8/24/2011 2:21:54 PM
Sariel:

The attack where he shoots a bat at you 3 times in a row - prepare to attack him just after the 3rd bat he shoots. You'll have to get used to the timing as if you're a little slow, he might ready himself with a melée blow.

The attack in which he summons a "pillar" of bats that come from the ground - he'll bow before he does this. Just around to the side to avoid these (so make sure you're not stuck at the edge of the field) and attack him.

The attack in which he directly shoots a blast of bats - you'll see him charge before he shoots. Jump to avoid and attack him as soon as the blast is over. Same as the 3 consecutive bat shots, if you're a little slow, he may back off and counter with a melée attack.

He has a few different melée attacks: when he counters from one of his previous attacks mentioned, it's usually a somerassault kick, which can reach pretty high in the air, so it can hit you even if you double jump. I can't remember his other ones but he has one he does commonly. As far as I remember, he doesn't have a counter stance (in which he glows) or a weapon breaking attack.

Azazel:

He generally focuses on melée. When he shoots the slow moving insect blast that moves slowly, he'll try to rush you with a melée blow. Jump or dash out of the way (depending on your weapon) and attack him and that'll make that ball disappear (it's also an opening for him).

He does have a "meteor" attack that will break your weapon. His and Ezekial's homes in on you for about a second before he executes it (Amaros's version is immediate). As long as you get used to the timing, you can avoid by dashing (Gale) or jumping out of the way. Simply running will still get you caught by the shockwave which will leave you open for his attacks.

Ezekiel:

She attacks with a little bit of both melée and lightning.

When you see her float in the air, she'll summing a few different bolts of lightning that'll strike in a few feet radius. Run or jump away from her and, as far as I can tell, the best way to attack would be to use an aerial attack that requires holding down the attack button.

She also has a lightning blast attack - it's fast and also thin. As with Sariel's attack, you can attack right after, provided you're close enough (usually she does it from far).

That's all I can remember right now. If you attack to soon with some of these attacks, they won't flinch and will counter you so you have a small window to attack them.
---
Regrets are just a way for the foolish and the guilty to pass the time. - Cho Hakkai
http://www.edc-university.com
#5ex-s_temjinPosted 8/25/2011 2:08:58 AM
Just to add:

You can use the guard break attack against their counter stance. Just make sure you have enough distance for the leap before the GB-ing hit.
#6SouloAscianPosted 8/25/2011 4:17:04 AM
ex-s_temjin posted...
Just to add:

You can use the guard break attack against their counter stance. Just make sure you have enough distance for the leap before the GB-ing hit.

You can also Perfect Guard any of their melée attacks. Also, to add, you can tell Ezekiel's thunder blast is coming when you see 2 bolts of lightning strike her shoulders.
---
Regrets are just a way for the foolish and the guilty to pass the time. - Cho Hakkai
http://www.edc-university.com