How are you guys beating Galamoth???

#1TarskidxPosted 7/29/2010 5:43:38 PM
In case you are unfamiliar with his name, he is the huge magical creature that wears all gold and is located in the Royal Chapel and you can only get to him with the mist form.

I know many of you have gotten past him as you are either fighting Dracula or have already beaten the game. This guy is just killing me with his 6,000HP and it is like a battle of attrition. I am at level 27 with over 900HP, but it's like I can barely put a dent in him. I am at Level 4 Fire and Level 3 Shadow and the other spells did not seem to be good offensively. I have a plethora of items like potions and food so I am fine there. I have beaten all other bosses with the exception of any possible ones after you warp through the Demon Gate.

Is there any special equipment I need to wear or strategy that you can provide? It seems the most damage I have been able to do was about 2,500HP and then he starts his ridiculous chain combos and lightning and physical attacks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
#2Hai534Posted 7/29/2010 11:41:59 PM
Galamoth is the hardest of hardest in the entire game. You need to use Hell on Earth on him twice because once won't be enough. And each Hell on Earth need to get at least 7+ combo chains. U need to constantly use food or use healing spell if u have one.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=1210693&postcount=412

---
How many times do I have to sign this thing? *Sigh*
#3ShockKirby80Posted 7/30/2010 3:40:04 AM
I beat him abusing Dark Metamorphosis.

Oddly enough he glitched up and no blocks appeared on his screen yet he still took board fillup damage.

The first time I fought him I got him down to 21 HP before he comboed me to death. >_>
---
I have 4500 Karma! I'm a Sage!
Now it's statistically proven that I have a 99.9% chance of having more Karma than you!
#4AgentAshleyRiotPosted 7/30/2010 5:13:30 AM
What is in those rooms behind him? Any items worth having?
---
Ain't nothin' to it but to do it!
#5ShockKirby80Posted 7/30/2010 9:00:33 AM
3rd piece of Alucard set. (Galamoth drops 2nd) and a card.
---
Now it's statistically proven that I have a 99.9% chance of having more Karma than you!
#6DmonreiPosted 7/30/2010 9:25:04 AM
I also abused Dark Metamorphosis. It's quite possibly the most broken spell in the game. I also used Maria's Blessing consistently and Lisa's Sacrifice when needed. The main reason Galamoth is hard is because of his unique spell (can't remember the name) which basically causes 25 damage per each block that YOU break, meaning that if you pull off a huge chain there's a chance you'll kill yourself as that damage racks up really fast, especially if you have Dark Metamorphosis on.
---
Proud member of the Orange Chicken Club (OCC) / PSN: DUQ025
I'll do my best not to mix up other people's Usernames...
#7Tarskidx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2010 11:29:51 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8Tarskidx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2010 11:31:04 AM
So if Dark Metamorphosis is such a broken spell to get the advantage on, but can backfire when he counters with his spells, is this really a good method to use?
#9ShockKirby80Posted 7/30/2010 1:20:09 PM
Both Dracula and Galamoth use that spell.

That spell is only a nuisance since you can spam Hi-Potions, and Dark Metamorphasis can activate items immediately.
---
#10DmonreiPosted 7/30/2010 3:10:32 PM
That spell is only a nuisance since you can spam Hi-Potions, and Dark Metamorphasis can activate items immediately.

This. The minute that Galamoth casts it I'm left with only two options: Spam Hi Potions to buy time (works great with Dark Metamorphosis) or if I have a lot of HP, cast Maria's Blessing and count the number of blocks I break to make sure I don't screw myself over.

Dracula's version (Dark Metamorphosis) is a lot weaker, his does 2 damage per block and heals 1 HP, so it's barely noticeable.
---
Proud member of the Orange Chicken Club (OCC) / PSN: DUQ025
I'll do my best not to mix up other people's Usernames...