Smackdown vs. Raw 2012 or 2013

#1Hellion_ClairePosted 5/25/2011 9:13:33 PM
I hope in the next series or the one that follows they change the title...used to be WWF smackdown till the split of brands. it became WWE Smackdown vs Raw, i belive now it should become WWE Bragging Rights as it not only means the same thing as Smackdown vs Raw but it sounds much better and could open up new storylines in rtwm or if they bring back story mode.
---
PSN: XHellionClairEX
#2justinlynch3Posted 5/25/2011 9:51:46 PM
I heard they cancelled the Bragging Rights PPV and replaced it with something else, Capital Punishment I believe. So the chances they are changing the title from Smackdown VS Raw to, apparently, what they seen as a failed PPV, Bragging Rights, is extremely slim.
---
PS2 gamer - Currently played games - Killzone, Smackdown VS RAW 2011, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
#3Hellion_Claire(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2011 11:54:34 PM
it isnt that it was a failed ppv, it's really the only interesting ppv they made, the reason it was cancelled for capital punishment is standing right in your face...they will be in Washington d.c. what better way to kiss up to the politics and get sponsored by more money it to make a special ppv for them. it's a good bisness decision honestly.
---
PSN: XHellionClairEX
#4MakesNoSensePosted 5/26/2011 12:31:30 AM
Actually, Bragging Rights was changed to good old Vengeance.
#5d_sidePosted 5/26/2011 11:05:39 AM
MakesNoSense posted...
Actually, Bragging Rights was changed to good old Vengeance.

I miss Backlash
---
Enter Thy Darkside Of GameFaqs
http://www.youtube.com/user/MegaDside
#6MakesNoSensePosted 5/26/2011 3:23:57 PM
I don't, to tell the truth.
You see, usually first match of the feud during Road to WrestleMania is at The Granddaddy of Them All, so the second match (if feud doesn't end there) is at the next PPV.
If Backlash is next, there's another singles match and maybe few special match types, but that's it. After the 4th PPV of the year they usually end those feuds and start new feuds.

AND if after Backlash there's Extreme Rules, new feuds start with a special match. There should be few normal matches before that, so that's why removing Backlash was a good move.
#7RonWeasslyPosted 5/27/2011 10:31:16 AM
MakesNoSense posted...
I don't, to tell the truth.
You see, usually first match of the feud during Road to WrestleMania is at The Granddaddy of Them All, so the second match (if feud doesn't end there) is at the next PPV.
If Backlash is next, there's another singles match and maybe few special match types, but that's it. After the 4th PPV of the year they usually end those feuds and start new feuds.

AND if after Backlash there's Extreme Rules, new feuds start with a special match. There should be few normal matches before that, so that's why removing Backlash was a good move.

No. Backlash is a great name for the PPV after WrestleMania. If WWE wanted to, they could have had a special stipulations for Backlash just like they do Extreme Rules. WWE usually did do that with Backlash to. Backlash was a damn good name for the PPV after WrestleMania. I miss it. Bragging Rights didn't need to be in WWE when WWE already had Survivor Series. That is the PPV where the Bragging Rights cup can take place at. Oh yeah, and Capital Punishment is in June. Not when Bragging Rights happens.
---
Goodbye Toonami 1997-2008. Anime and action fans will never forget.
http://www.gifsoup.com/view3/1368250/yyh-2-o.gif
#8JuanJoseNYCPosted 5/27/2011 3:27:59 PM
I'm very partial to Night of Champions and the Great American Bash. And Armageddon is infinitely better than TLC.
---
PSN: ChinoA_NYC
#9RonWeasslyPosted 5/27/2011 3:48:18 PM
JuanJoseNYC posted...
I'm very partial to Night of Champions and the Great American Bash. And Armageddon is infinitely better than TLC.

Nash, it's great that Night Of Champions is gone. WWE didn't need it then, and they especially don't need it now that there's only 6 titles, and most of the titles were defended last year on PPV besides NOC. Great American Bash was somehow always placed in a horrible slot where it was one of the worst PPVs of the year. With the exception of the 2008 edition. I do miss the name Armageddon, great PPV name, but I'm not gonna lie when I say I enjoyed the last TLC event more than the last Armageddon event.

I loved Armageddon 2007. Hated 2008s even though that was decent. 06 was fine. 05 was horrible except for HIAC, 04 was just bad except for the fatal 4 way, 2003 was horrible. 2002 was average. 2001 was Vengeance, that year, and it was a good PPV, but it doesn't count cause it's name was Vengeance. 2000 was alright. 1999....the first Armageddon. Flat out sucked. Armageddon was always either one of the worst or one of the mediocre PPVs of the year. While TLC the past two years has proved to be one of the best of the year.

However, I do think WWE shouldn't have to many gimmick PPVs a year. Last year they overdid it. I mean, come on, Fatal 4 Way? All of us on the internet predicted that as a joke, and WWE actually went with it. Thank God...or whatever you believe in...that it's been replaced by Capital Punishment. Hopefully there's some good booking leading into that PPV. I'm glad they've gotten rid of Bragging Rights though. The SmackDown vs. RAW match should have always been a Survivor Series thing. It's just what the PPV needs to revive some life into it.

Of course, this is just my opinion.
---
Goodbye Toonami 1997-2008. Anime and action fans will never forget.
http://www.gifsoup.com/view3/1368250/yyh-2-o.gif
#10JuanJoseNYCPosted 5/27/2011 11:44:40 PM
Oh no, I agree with most of what you said Ron.

I'm kinda nostalgic when it comes to the Great American Bash being that it was once one of my favorite PPVs on the NWA/WCW calendar.

I have a problem with Extreme Rules though. I mean, seriously, the PPV doesn't make sense because you would expect for there to be some blood spilled all over the arena, but it lost its luster once McMahon did away with his ECW once and for all. I don't like it not one bit.

I think Fatal 4-Way was a one time event and it failed miserably, although the only bright spot was Rey Rey winning the World Title. Capital Punishment is no better just by looking at its logo. It looked like something that my dog threw up. LOL.

Bragging Rights, while not a bad concept at all, it just didn't attract many fans when you had crossover matches between the two brands on Free TV anyway. Smackdown ended up winning the trophy both times. Where's Jericho when you need him?? Gah.

Assuming McMahon doesn't go completely bonkers from here until November, you don't put in 23 years promoting the Survivor Series and then attempt to ditch it before the 24th edition last year in favor of some moronic title yet to be determined I'm sure. But if you wanna replace Survivor Series, replace it with War Games, just as long as you drop the damn TV-PG rating already.
---
PSN: ChinoA_NYC