Fastest Way to Get Gold?

#1SoulMaster252Posted 12/26/2011 12:07:15 PM
I know you get Gold from the Daily Reward and one from the Prize Wheel, but there has to be another, faster way to get it without being a member.
---
"How many people here have telekenetic powers? Raise my hand." - Emo Philips
"I live on a one-way dead-end street." - Steven Wright
#2sinfulGrimoirePosted 12/26/2011 3:47:36 PM
The Prize Wheel, your daily log-in bonus, or purchasing cards from Toys R' Us are the only options you have if you aren't a Jr. Agent.
---
GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
#3bobbill25Posted 12/26/2011 4:33:24 PM
whats the daily log in bonus?
#4SoulMaster252(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2011 4:38:07 PM
It's when you first log in under "Daily Reward."

But I was hoping there would be some other way to get gold. They should really change that.
---
#5sinfulGrimoirePosted 12/26/2011 4:38:47 PM
Do you not pay attention to the main screen when you log in?

If you log in every day for 10 days, you'll get 5 Gold, and then you'll get another 5 Gold every consecutive day you log in.

If you miss a day, you go back to the beginning and have to log in for another 10 days before you start getting the 5 Gold again.
---
GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
#6sinfulGrimoirePosted 12/26/2011 4:39:14 PM
SoulMaster252 posted...
It's when you first log in under "Daily Reward."

But I was hoping there would be some other way to get gold. They should really change that.

They won't. They need the money to keep the game running. If they made it too easy to get Gold, they'd get no money.
---
#7SoulMaster252(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2011 4:41:14 PM
It's only 8 days, Grimoire.
---
#8sinfulGrimoirePosted 12/26/2011 4:42:37 PM
Oh, ok. 8 days then. I haven't played in about a month, so I forget things. lol
---
#9TragedyAnnPosted 1/3/2012 12:56:38 AM
You can also get rather large but finite amounts of gold from challenges.

But those are 1-Shot lumps of gold, and frankly... it's harder to get high in the challenge ladder without subscribing.

I will say this though... don't rule out subscribing in small doses. It's not so bad really.

I have to date subscribed less than 1 month, and bought 1 1500 gold card from TRU, because they were on sale for $12 last month. So I've paid $22 total, and not all at once. In 1 $10 chunk and 1 $12 chunk... paid separately.

In that 1 month (less actually, since that month is still currently ongoing) and with that one card, I've bought the following gold heroes...

Hulk, She-Hulk, Spider-Man, Gambit, Rogue, Emma Frost, The Human Torch, Invisible Woman & Mr. Fantastic. That's 10 gold heroes. Now I'll note, most of these I bought on sale X-Mas week, when heroes were 20% off... so I got a little extra mileage from my gold. So you may want to wait for a similar sale to come along, to get more bang for your buck. Holidays and big Marvel Movie releases are a good bet for sales to happen along. But even if they weren't 20% off... you can cover alot of ground.

Furthermore, I was able to buy all the silver "subscription only" heroes. And while I may lose play access to them when my subscription ends, I've maxed them all out already, and they're still there boosting my squad rank. That's Shadowcat, Nick Fury, Tuxedo Thing, Iron Man, Hulkbuster IM, Iron Patriot, Deadpool, Black Spidey, War Machine, Black Widow & Ultimate Thor. That's 11 more heroes. It is NOT hard to gain the silver to buy these guys... and they all add at LEAST 12 levels to your squad if maxed out. If not more. That's over 130 levels, and all it costs in in-game currency is free silver.

FURTHERMORE, all those new heroes allowed me to progress through all available challenges, allowing me to gain yet more gold to buy heroes with, and MORE challenge heroes. Before subscribing I could only get high enough in challenges to gain 3 heroes, Street Wolverine, Civilian Storm & Stealth Iron Man. Since subscribing, I've been able to use my newly bought heroes to rank my squad high enough to also gain Sentry, Firestar, Daredevil & Colossus. And I fully expect to be high enough to gain Elektra and FF Spidey once more challenges are added...

So breaking that all down.

Before subscribing, My Squad level was around 100, and I had 8 heroes. Thing, Falcon, Ms. Marvel, Cyclops, Civi Wolverine, Mohawk Storm, Stealth Iron Man, and the only hero I was able to actually buy at the time, Jean Grey.

SINCE subscribing, I've added 25 heroes... bringing my total amount to 33... in less than a month. And my squad level is about 430 and climbing as I level more up each day. And I still have about a half a month to go... and crunching the numbers, I expect to buy at least 3 more heroes before my paid time ends. I have about 2 weeks left, and a little over 500 gold unspent, so I should have just enough to buy Nightcrawler, Beast & Iceman before all is said and done. Maybe with a little overage left to squeeze in Scarlet Witch too... depending on the small change...

Now, I bought a few expensive ones. Even Spider-Man, THE most expensive hero. If you stick to only cheap heroes, you could come out with even more than I did. But that's a matter of personal preference. I personally wanted Spidey more than Nova... cheap though Nova might be, lol...

Now, forgetting the card I bought for a moment... even if you bought only 1 month of time. 10 bucks isn't THAT outrageous considering...

Continued...
#10TragedyAnnPosted 1/3/2012 12:58:45 AM
You can make a TON of ground on your squad level with those 11 SHIELD heroes. Allowing you to complete loads more challenges, gaining more gold and more heroes along the way.

Furthermore, with the 500 bonus gold you get for that month, and the 170 you get from the wheel each day + the login bonus... you can come out with a nice big chunk to buy a few gold heroes of your liking. 170 gold a day over 30 days is 5100 gold... with that, plus the initial 500, plus the extra overage you get from challenges, you can get a nice good chunk of good heroes out of that. For a small 10 buck investment (and really, who doesn't have 10 bucks?)

All considered...

I was growing tired of this game when all I had was the starter heroes, and a few freebie ones I could scrounge.

In one month, I went from just 8 freebie heroes to 33 and counting, and the game is fun again.

You might be saying "But you're gonna lose all the SHIELD heroes when your time ends!" Well... even still... I get to keep all my gold heroes and all my challenge heroes. With the temporary boost the SHIELDies provided, I'm still coming away with a total 22 heroes... which include, Spider-Man, The Full Fantastic Four, Hulk, She-Hulk, Daredevil, Eight X-Men, and many more. Not too Shabby.

I don't see myself as a long term subscriber to this game, but I'd definitely recommend buying a month here or there. Anyone can swing 10 bucks, and you can make that month go much farther than you'd think. Especially if you take advantage of sales, as I did. 10 bucks goes a long way. But you do have to stay dedicated, and make sure you claim your 170 gold every day.

You can't buy EVERY hero in one month of time, but you can cover alot of ground and buy alot of your faves. Makes the game way more fun than just Thing, Falcon, Ms. Marvel and Cyclops day after day... lol...

So that's my 2 cents.

PS. No, I do not work for the people who make this game, and I gain nothing by boosting their sales... these are just my honest feelings on the matter, lol...