How to access all of the free DLC?

#1caramel_codPosted 5/18/2011 3:49:05 PM
So I remember Lionhead saying that all of the 360 DLC would be free for the PC version, but I haven't found any of it in-game.

I'm in the process of checking out the gamesforwindows website, but it looks like there's paid DLC there as well, and I'd rather not pay for something that was already included in the game.

Is it on-disc, and I just missed it? Or are the downloads separate? Thanks!
#2jedinatPosted 5/19/2011 7:41:16 AM
Nothing on the website would be in the game.
#3KenshinnokPosted 5/19/2011 7:49:35 AM
They never said all of the DLC would be free :| Just the Limited Collector's Edition content that was in the 360 version.

There are like... 7-8 (depending on if you want to get the highlander suit for both genders) things you can get for free from the Windows Live Market. The rest requires money/points though. I think in total all of that DLC would cost you 22 dollars with Understone/Tratior's Keep costing 11.
#4ultronPosted 5/19/2011 8:14:46 AM
Again, only the LCE content from the 360 version is free for the PC version, and you'll be able to access those after reaching certain points in the game after you've downloaded the content.

Everything else requires additional payment and downloading.
Lionhead has also never stated that every DLC will be for free, it was assumed by some people when Lionhead stated "will have access to the same DLC as the 360 version". Checking their dev video #4 around 3:29 mins mark will also tell you that they specifically stated that only the LCE content is free.

"Have access" is not "Free".
#5caramel_cod(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2011 8:17:28 AM
Thanks

So then my next question would be- how do I download the content? I don't see the Auroran (LCE content) suit for download on the marketplace.
#6MatrixPosted 5/19/2011 11:49:54 AM
You'll unlock it automatically as a "gift" at some point in time in the storyline. The Auroran suit you'll unlock pretty quick actually. When you get your free "lodge" home. It's pretty cool how they did it actually.
#7caramel_cod(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2011 7:25:51 PM
Matrix- Hmm... I just got past that part and didn't get it. Are you certain I don't have to download/install it somehow?

Also, is the dye pack included with the free content. Thanks again!
#8WorstNightMaresPosted 5/19/2011 7:38:32 PM
No the dye pack isn't free, and the Auroran clothes are in a chest or whatever in the lodge.
#9kenniblePosted 5/19/2011 11:49:01 PM

The dye is free now, also the highlander tattoo pack and 5 star dog skills potion... 1st time microsoft being so generous

#10MatrixPosted 5/20/2011 7:21:49 AM
kennible posted...

The dye is free now, also the highlander tattoo pack and 5 star dog skills potion... 1st time microsoft being so generous

Nah there is a dye pack you have to pay for. It's different from the free ones you receive.