Are there any games similar to fable 3?

#1d0omriderPosted 6/23/2011 10:17:43 AM

I want some games that are similar to fable 3 - where you can marry people, own houses, and make moral choices that affect the gameplay. Is there any games out there that are like that? I've already played fable TLC and fable 2. I've played Dragon Age Origins and am planning to get Dragon Age 2. Oblivion isn't what I'm looking for. I'm planning to get the witcher. Anything else?

#2lolaqaPosted 6/23/2011 2:02:44 PM
you should look into other Bioware games, it's the best alternative i've found to fable

also, like you i dont like Oblivion

i'll suggest Mass Effect 2, it's sweet
---
A Wild George W. Bush Appears!
http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii469/mudde80/Pokeball_GO_by_guruji-1.gif
#3EpopticPosted 6/23/2011 4:18:04 PM
"Marry people and own houses" and "make moral choices that affect the gameplay" are usually in two different categories (you could make the argument that in fable 3, your moral choices don't really affect anything, unlike in most wRPGs where moral choices have at least some gameplay consequences.)

In fact, I can't think of a single game other than the fable series with both moral choices and one where you can have kids.
---
-TATTS
"Ain't Tatts just the greatest little enigma?" - Darkman124
#4leonalchemistPosted 6/26/2011 12:31:21 PM
There's Sudeki but its not as good, and rather rare and no choice in story.
Hellgate London i guess though the feel is quite different and not much story like fableand no choices here but gameplay is somewat base on the same thing.
Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga, a bit different as well a mix between fableish and diabloish, lots of items rooms and items which i quite like, but again not too much choices and no owning of anything.
Two worlds II is similar to oblivion ya but its doesnt play the same for me and i think online u can 'buy' houses and place em wherever to make ur own village if im right.

soooo... not rly xD arent much games with interacting of story appart from newer online games like TERA but chances of u being able to do that is almost none since u have to become the best in the server basically
#5Fat_CyborgPosted 6/26/2011 1:40:45 PM
The Sims.
---
"That's right, baby, daddy's here. Everything's gonna be all right ." - Mr. Pokeylope Psychonauts
#6lunamoon7Posted 6/27/2011 2:18:37 AM

You can get married in Harvest moon and Rune factory...

#7d0omrider(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2011 8:49:43 AM
lolaqa posted...
you should look into other Bioware games, it's the best alternative i've found to fable

also, like you i dont like Oblivion

i'll suggest Mass Effect 2, it's sweet
---
A Wild George W. Bush Appears!
http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii469/mudde80/Pokeball_GO_by_guruji-1.gif

I heard about that. I'll see if I can get it. It seems like a pretty cool game. Thanks a lot for the recommendation!

leonalchemist posted...
There's Sudeki but its not as good, and rather rare and no choice in story.
Hellgate London i guess though the feel is quite different and not much story like fableand no choices here but gameplay is somewat base on the same thing.
Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga, a bit different as well a mix between fableish and diabloish, lots of items rooms and items which i quite like, but again not too much choices and no owning of anything.
Two worlds II is similar to oblivion ya but its doesnt play the same for me and i think online u can 'buy' houses and place em wherever to make ur own village if im right.

soooo... not rly xD arent much games with interacting of story appart from newer online games like TERA but chances of u being able to do that is almost none since u have to become the best in the server basically

I checked out Divinity ll and it sounds like a good game. I heard Two Worlds ll isn't really good .. but thanks for all these game recommendations.

Fat_Cyborg posted...
The Sims.
---
"That's right, baby, daddy's here. Everything's gonna be all right ." - Mr. Pokeylope Psychonauts

lunamoon7 posted...

You can get married in Harvest moon and Rune factory...

I already played these games, thanks though.
#8payne_masterPosted 6/28/2011 9:54:11 AM
d0omrider posted...

I want some games that are similar to fable 3 - where you can marry people, own houses, and make moral choices that affect the gameplay. Is there any games out there that are like that? I've already played fable TLC and fable 2. I've played Dragon Age Origins and am planning to get Dragon Age 2. Oblivion isn't what I'm looking for. I'm planning to get the witcher. Anything else?

Get the first Fable. Obviously similar to Fable 3, but it's far superior. It's available on both PC and Xbox 360. Fable 2 is also on Xbox 360 (not on PC) and it's pretty good, but not as good at the first (quality goes down with each new Fable game). The Witcher and The Witcher 2 are GREAT games as well. There's not property ownership/management but there are moral choices that affect the gameplay, and they are excellent games.
#9d0omrider(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2011 12:12:36 PM

payne_master posted...
d0omrider posted...

Get the first Fable. Obviously similar to Fable 3, but it's far superior. It's available on both PC and Xbox 360. Fable 2 is also on Xbox 360 (not on PC) and it's pretty good, but not as good at the first (quality goes down with each new Fable game). The Witcher and The Witcher 2 are GREAT games as well. There's not property ownership/management but there are moral choices that affect the gameplay, and they are excellent games.

I already stated that I played fable TLC and fable 2. And yes, as I stated, I already know of the witcher and the witcher 2. Thanks though.

#10VulgnorPosted 7/3/2011 11:52:28 AM
Try NWN 2, I loved that game so much. In the final act of the game you get control of a keep and eventually it gets attacked and how you managed to keep determines how effective you defend the keep. It was epic.