which is better Single player. KZ 2 or KZ 3. thanks

#1dg440Posted 4/2/2012 10:43:00 PM

Just wondering what is the better single player game between KZ 2 and 3.

It appears that the reviews are much higher for Killzone 2.

Thanks.

#2Meijimasha13Posted 4/3/2012 5:39:57 AM
Killzone 2 is more gritty and consistent.
Killzone 3 is more action-y and globetrotting and varied.

They're different, and both great in different ways, although KZ3 is brought down by crap cutscenes and rail sections.
---
www.rebelallianceclan.com
http://rebelallianceclan.com/signatures/RAMagemasher13.png
#3ZHolyMadmanPosted 4/3/2012 10:27:37 AM
Killzone 2 has the better campaign.
Especially if story matters to you.
---
Only a fragile psyche remains where once was humanity, waiting to be shattered by a grain of sand...
And without sanity, is a man still a man? Even a Holy man?
#4noob_gamerguyPosted 4/3/2012 11:29:11 AM
KZ3 has a great start but gets lost later on and becomes completely useless rushed crap by the end

KZ2 is not as action and pretty repetitive but by the end you actually felt like you went on a mission

Warning: KZ2 is very heavy on motion blur so if you get dizzy from that then plz try out the demo first
#5tissue_paperPosted 4/3/2012 11:44:54 PM
KZ3

KZ3 has a lot more variety, bigger levels, better control etc.. KZ3 campaign just feel better overall and is a lot more fun to play through again and again.
#6arclouks_xPosted 4/4/2012 1:46:36 PM
i prefer kz2.
---
PSN : arclouksx
3DS FC: 2062-9514-8438 Arc
#7dg440(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2012 3:11:50 PM

I picked KZ 2.

The combat is very well done but the game seems extremely repititive. Every enemy looks 100 percent identical and the levels are begining to look the same.

Even the weapons do not feel special at all. It feels like your using 20th century weapons in a future world. Most of the weapons feel the same.

Also the controls seem very clucky and not easy to use.

However, the game is intense and action is very good along with the atmosphere.

#8Piccolo_SanPosted 4/6/2012 2:56:33 AM
I found K2 to be more intense and the combat to be the right length. There were a lot of sequences in K3 where the battle ended and I was sort of left scratching my head because it was so short, where if I were playing K2 I would be moving onto another area and it sort of pulled me out of the game a little.
---
"Once, my tv didn't work, so I kicked it. And it started working again. 8)" - Deadpool
#9dg440(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 1:08:40 AM
I Am finding KZ-2 to be a very fun and worthy game. Not as fun as Resistance with all those crazy weapons and diverse enemies. However, KZ requires more strategy and patience and I am finding the game to be an excellent pick.
I guess next month I will get KZ-3.

I would put KZ series right behind Resistance, Uncharted and Dead Space as my fav. shooters for PS-3
#10Meijimasha13Posted 4/8/2012 6:17:59 AM
The MP in KZ is what definitely puts it above Resistance, but I take it you've only played Resistance 3? Resistance 1 and 2 were definitely nowhere near as good as KZ.
---
www.rebelallianceclan.com
http://rebelallianceclan.com/signatures/RAMagemasher13.png
More topics from this board...
Ribbons Poll.Sliver_Fata_Z688/30 9:21PM