Do we know how the non-perma death works yet?

#194067Posted 7/17/2010 8:09:13 AM
Can the zombies be used immediately next chapter, or is there some recovery time? Does their Experience drop down, their stats decrease, anything?
---
21 games reviewed to date; latest review: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), Wild Guns (SNES/VC)
http://backloggery.com/94067
#2BassForeverPosted 7/17/2010 9:21:29 AM
If a character dies during a battle, he can be used in the next one regardless of how early/late in the battle he died.

If a character dies in the menu arena, he can't be deployed in the upcoming battle.

So you could have everyone but Marth and My Unit die against the boss, win the battle, and use the exact same team against in the next battle.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#3gamerdude535Posted 7/24/2010 3:39:30 AM
Whaaatt theres no perma death in this one??????
#4Dark_Luna3Posted 7/24/2010 3:48:38 AM
^ It's an option when starting a new game.
#5Scion_MachinaPosted 8/2/2010 2:15:54 PM
In other words you can choose the "I suck at Fire Emblem" Mode or the regular difficulty.
---
Let this be a lesson kids. When debating,solve your disagreements not with words but by screaming,"I am a man!!!!" and punching them in the gut.
#6Zero_Saber_XPosted 8/2/2010 10:16:09 PM

YESSSS

In other words you can choose the "I suck at Fire Emblem" Mode or the regular difficulty.

GTFO. I've beaten HHM on FE7. Doesn't change the fact that I'm all for not having perma-deaths. It's nothing more than a tedious game of "make sure they don't die or else you'll feel bad not pressing on with them!"

The same logic can be applied to having saves in maps. Purists will say, "YOU DARE BRING LIGHT TO MY LAIR? YOU MUST DIE!" while FE fans and newcomers alike will be rejoiced at the time-saving mechanics they invent.
---
~Durango
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o2/rascalous/PhoenixWrightPS3Sales.gif
#7gejsivPosted 8/3/2010 6:45:44 AM

YESSSS

****. I've beaten HHM on FE7. Doesn't change the fact that I'm all for not having perma-deaths. It's nothing more than a tedious game of "make sure they don't die or else you'll feel bad not pressing on with them!"

The same logic can be applied to having saves in maps. Purists will say, "YOU DARE BRING LIGHT TO MY LAIR? YOU MUST DIE!" while FE fans and newcomers alike will be rejoiced at the time-saving mechanics they invent.

Yeah, what he said. I'm not playing Fire Emblem so I can be challenged in my used of tactics and strategy, I'm playing Fire Emblem so I can have no consequences for my poor decisions, breeze through each map and listen to the scintillating conversations.

I mean, it's not like a game mechanic that is a staple of the series and makes it unique compared to other strategy rpgs is one we want to keep around, right? It's much more fun to just be able to rush all your troops out and kill as many things as possible as fast as possible.

>:(
---
-gejsiv- :/
It cost four hundred thousand dollars to read this signature for twelve seconds.
#8HisuroKunPosted 8/3/2010 7:05:25 AM
Perhaps in future FE's they keep the Casual mode, they should add features that provide an incentive to playing Classic mode, such as perhaps a support system or the ability to rescue/capture, just like playing maniac mode in Path of Radiance allows players to face the extra final boss. There are as many ways to compensate for permadeath just as there are ways of playing Fire Emblem.
---
I'm still not interested in buying Gears of Mass Effect's Creed 2: Among Thieves.
"Weeaboo" is the stupidest derogatory term ever to be coined. Ever.
#9AngelPeachPosted 8/3/2010 9:15:03 AM
I have a question. Which option is considered the casual mode? I want to know because I want to do it on normal. It's not that having units not die on me is a bad thing, I would just like a challenge. Since I can't read it though, I have no idea if I've been selecting casual or not.
#10ZakaerysPosted 8/3/2010 10:15:10 AM
The top is casual. The bottom is classic.
---
Biggest slut ever? Mrs. PacMan. For just 25 cents, she swallows balls until she dies.
Pkmn HG FC: 5414 2710 5895
More topics from this board...
Help with chapter 15MedicalGamer510/24 12:44PM