Hoping much?

#11Quaternions_ijkPosted 5/8/2011 10:42:24 PM
Robert1514 posted...
from what i can see, the historical value within this game is very near to zero, rather than playing this, its better to play Assassins creed, since its history is very near to reality (better gameplay too), so no point in wasting your money in this game, and if you really want it, i suggest to rent it instead of buying, you will be grateful that you didn't buy it

Assassins Creed is very near to reality? Dude there is freaking aliens in it. How can you say that?

But, I do agree, better game play.

On another note, if anyone is seeking historic value from a video game, then I feel sorry for you.
#12ryanreynoldsPosted 5/9/2011 12:03:38 PM

Robert1514 posted...
from what i can see, the historical value within this game is very near to zero, rather than playing this, itsbetter to play Assassins creed, since its history is very near to reality (better gameplay too), so no point in wasting your money in this game, and if you really want it, i suggest to rent it instead of buying, you will be grateful that you didn't buy it

Wait... What?! Assassin's Creed is historically accurate? Are you for real?

#13AzalinPosted 5/9/2011 4:01:28 PM
i suggest to rent it instead of buying, you will be grateful that you didn't buy it

Durrrr.. you do realize all Assassin Creed games are available on the pc....

dude Assassins creed is also released at pc, why can't you do some fact finding before bashing other people's posts

Could be cause you can't rent PC games....

As for the game, it's decent enough just for its co-op.

Historical value, doubt anything except the little tablets you can find about the Order. I would have rather the game stepped a bit more outside the realm of reality (supernatural beings ect.) than trying to stay in it, but that's my personal preference.
---
Your words are choked in cobwebs of ignorance or inexperience, and there is no harm in brushing such things away.
XBL: Silvak
#14Robert1514Posted 5/9/2011 4:52:11 PM
Quaternions_ijk posted...

Robert1514 posted...

from what i can see, the historical value within this game is very near to zero, rather than playing this, its better to play Assassins creed, since its history is very near to reality (better gameplay too), so no point in wasting your money in this game, and if you really want it, i suggest to rent it instead of buying, you will be grateful that you didn't buy it

Assassins Creed is very near to reality? Dude there is freaking aliens in it. How can you say that?

But, I do agree, better game play.

On another note, if anyone is seeking historic value from a video game, then I feel sorry for you.

ryanreynolds posted...

Robert1514 posted...

from what i can see, the historical value within this game is very near to zero, rather than playing this, itsbetter to play Assassins creed, since its history is very near to reality (better gameplay too), so no point in wasting your money in this game, and if you really want it, i suggest to rent it instead of buying, you will be grateful that you didn't buy it

Wait... What?! Assassin's Creed is historically accurate? Are you for real?

rofl, i didn't say that its VERY near to reality's history, i just said that its near XD, meaning that its not really accurate, but some of it were true, like for example: there was an order of Assassins back in the days, and the phrase "Nothing is true, everything is permitted" was phrased by a master assassin named Hassan-i Sabbah on his death bed
#15EthnixPosted 5/10/2011 2:11:46 PM
Robert1514 posted...

Robert1514 posted...

from what i can see, the historical value within this game is very near to zero, rather than playing this, its better to play Assassins creed, since its history is very near to reality (better gameplay too)

rofl, i didn't say that its VERY near to reality's history, i just said that its near XD, meaning that its not really accurate, but some of it were true

Well, actually, you did. Surprise! :P
---
Light travels faster than sound. That's the reason why many people seem bright until you hear them speak.
#16Robert1514Posted 5/10/2011 5:31:23 PM
Ethnix posted...
Robert1514 posted...

Robert1514 posted...

from what i can see, the historical value within this game is very near to zero, rather than playing this, its better to play Assassins creed, since its history is very near to reality (better gameplay too)

rofl, i didn't say that its VERY near to reality's history, i just said that its near XD, meaning that its not really accurate, but some of it were true

Well, actually, you did. Surprise! :P

my mistake then =D
#17commander1122Posted 5/12/2011 9:06:23 AM

i alway hate Kalypso game....best example disciples 3 and element of wars....

#18Vesper11Posted 5/13/2011 1:35:10 PM
Actually I quite enjoyed the game. 40$ is a lil bit much but 60$ for AAA games that are less interesting is worse.But to enjoy it you have to play on hard difficulty or the game will seem too easy and boring.

p.s. If you are a graphic-wh*re, dont bother with this game, nothing to fap on.
#19JoeyBarbaroPosted 5/13/2011 2:32:44 PM
Amnesiac23 posted...
As a history major I can safely say that you can not expect historical accuracy from pretty much any form of media (example: History Channel). You even have to be careful with books on historical events. So while I expect nothing of historical value here, I'm also expecting very little in the way of fun. I hope this game proves me wrong...

so you're saying that pretty much every source on history is inaccurate? how do you study? you said it yourself that books on historical events are inaccurate.
#20virumorPosted 5/13/2011 4:43:19 PM
Graphics are on par with The Witcher. Fun gameplay, decent story and voice-over, good game overall. I also haven't run into one single glitch or crash.

I picked it up for 40, but I would've glady paid full price for this game rather than for a turd like Dragon Age 2.