My first impression of the game.

#1KrazytigerEXPosted 5/17/2011 3:19:41 AM
The games concepts are solid but i cant help but feel this game had a small budget to work with.

The combat while it is stylish (with the occasional "300 the movie" type finishing moves popping up here and there) seems like the combat is reminiscent of a PS2 game.

There is alot of cool ideas like stealth kills or operating catapults etc.

The story is very bland but at the same time it does enough to keep me playing. That or Im just trying to pass the time for when Witcher 2 comes out tomorrow.

I originally bought this game thinking it was a RPG but its a combination of tenchu and a beat em up.

You can purchase skills and enhanced combos which is really cool but i find myself wondering why on earth would they hide the skills on the skill tree and force the player to invest points here and there to even get a description on a possibly fail skill/combo.

The game wasnt expensive so I didnt go in it expecting anything mindblowing to begin with.
---
Math illiteracy affects 8 out of every 5 people, If you are not one of them, put this in your sig!!!
#2MatrixPosted 5/19/2011 6:59:48 AM
Lol what made you think this would be a RPG? I may pick this up when it's around $15. Seems like it would be pretty fun for a quick play through.
#3SystemaddictPosted 5/20/2011 1:11:03 AM

Yeah - it's always harder to guage games when you try to take into account smaller budgets. It's hard to find a standard for budget titles that everyone is satisfied with because it varies so from what people expect from a regular priced title.

#4HT89488Posted 5/20/2011 9:59:41 PM
Everytime he does the slow motion kills..I can't help but think AC copy-cat..and throughout the game I just feel like what you were saying TC, "low budget". It is fun though for a quick play through.
#5SystemaddictPosted 5/22/2011 1:05:15 AM

HT89488 posted...
Everytime he does the slow motion kills..I can't help but think AC copy-cat..and throughout the game I just feel like what you were saying TC, "low budget". It is fun though for a quick play through.

I think Kalyspo should have done themselves a favor and put this out for $10 less than what they did. $50 is still a bit too much, even if it's considered budget. But at $40 on 360 and $30 on PC this would be far easier to recommend to people. They had very limited funds to make the game and they tried to make a big action adventure --

But yeah - good for a play through, though quick I'm not sure...feels like a dozen hour game or so.

#6Pikachu1918Posted 5/22/2011 2:37:45 AM
Warming-Warning-Warning.

Pikach1918 has done a review of The First Templar, and it has been noted this game is a cheap knock off of another well known title.

This game had a great core, problem is that idealism wasn't met.
---
"You lead, you bleed!"
Andrew Lyon, Circus Maximus Champion: www.mechwarriorleague.com
#7ThalandorPosted 6/14/2011 11:20:40 AM

Played through it. It was amildly entertaining low budget title.

Pros:
+Pretty decent combat system, which surprised me. Tactical action with simple 3-button clicks combos.
+Some nice level designs and quests.
+Game design is elegant in its simplicity. Also they tell you in advance in which levels you can find your next costume piece.
+Game lengthis ok (15 hours?)
+You can replay in past chapters. I think it also keeps your experience and equipment when you do so.

Cons:
-Graphics are of mixed quality. The character models are very detailed with nice armors, but landscape textureswere so so.
-Character progression tree that tells you only what's the next locked skill on the branch, so you don't know in advance what skills are at the end of the tree. But then, it doesn't matter much because you'll have maxed everything by the end of the game.
-Equipment upgrades (called costume pieces) are just for show, they don't make you attack or defend better. They look nice though.

In summary, it will provide a long weekend's worth of entertainement at bargain bin price.