Christianity: is it worth it?

#1GHANZ979Posted 3/18/2011 6:20:20 PM
Pros:
Imported Guns
Strongest trading port
Once converted your population will hate your Japanese rivals

Cons
Gunners kind of suck (please convince me otherwise)
Japanese rivals hate you
Early game Imported guns are weak vs End game Monk gunners

It feels like my pros cons list is incomplete. Could someone help me out here
#2hunthbackPosted 3/18/2011 6:28:37 PM
I never use guns in shogun. If I wanted to use guns, than I would play empire.
---
---
"It was I who added the nuts to that statue"- Fawful, Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside story.
#3GHANZ979(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2011 6:56:30 PM
I played guns in empire and they weren't much fun- So I'm going to have to say yes, yes I do want to use guns. The only reason I don't use them is because I don't see how I can use them.
#4BDSMPosted 3/18/2011 7:02:53 PM
Worth it?

Nah.

We're all worm food in the end.
---
BIBLE BLACK: Giving new meaning to GameFAQ's "Box Shot" section.
www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/image/578184.html?box=80714
#5metallica_onePosted 3/18/2011 7:57:19 PM

dont do it, alot of your states will rebel, and and the guns is pretty much not worth it.

#6FinalDreamPosted 3/18/2011 9:48:16 PM
guns aren't good in this game? that's interesting.... didn't oda basically united japan because of his sheer number of guns?
#7GHANZ979(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2011 10:01:42 PM
Yeah I'm going to have to agree. Every place you conquer is not happy about changing religions
#8KougeruPosted 3/18/2011 10:01:45 PM
its worth it more for the ships IMO. the guns are pretty good with the upgrades and such, especially if you use them to flank like Shimazu did irl.
---
XBL/PSN-Kougeru
#9TheRabidOnePosted 3/18/2011 10:04:51 PM

Nobunaga (almost) united Japan because:

He gave his commoners proper respect and promoted according to ability and not rank

The inspiration behind "peasant" ability assigned to the clan by CA, he knew how to use mass warfare with mobs of footsoldiers

He knew how simplestupid guns were and combined guns with said mobs of footsoldiers

And most importantly: he was delightfully eccentric

Use of guns allowed Oda to almost literally wipe out the Takeda clan and their horses in one battle

#10renskyfirePosted 3/20/2011 5:47:30 PM
Only reason I took it for my first play through(still working on it) is for the achivement lol. So not worth it though, if you dont want to deal with revolts, you have to basically do nothing but focus on your first few provicnes rather thatn expand, which makes getting territory later on a pain at times.
---
You know you have been playing games too long when you shout out the window to turn off the lights during the day.=)