So with 9 playable clans how many non playable ones?

#1WhiteSkullPosted 1/17/2011 8:22:25 PM
Or is the map gona be tiny with few towns/castles? it will suck IMO if they make each guy start with a small empire or fill in rebels in all the empty space.
#2Elpadrino159Posted 1/17/2011 10:54:18 PM
Most of the larger clans had 3-5 provinces in their possession. The Oda clan had just the Owari province when Nobunaga became head.
I'm really hoping they can give every clan more than one special unit and different skins. Don't care about the minor clans too much though. As long as the major clans have skins that not only differ in color but in appearance as well.
#3WhiteSkull(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2011 1:45:41 PM
thats not entirely truly i can think of only 5 clans that had more then 2 fiefs and the largest only had i belive 3? maybe 4 with the others being around 3 they quicky gained the other lands like oda by crushing the weaker clans around them.
#4Lord BladePosted 1/24/2011 10:43:34 AM
I'm hoping that they'll give us some sort of expansion that adds more clans. As having 9-10 (don't know if the Hattori clan got counted) doesn't seem like much. Not considering how many clans there were.

Sure, many weren't all that big... but they were there, and I would like to take one of the minor clans and build them up to rival the Oda or Takeda. :)
---
.- .-.. .-.. -.-- --- ..- .-. -... .- ... . .- .-. . -... . .-.. --- -. --. - --- ..- ...
#5Lemming_Of_EvilPosted 1/24/2011 1:38:00 PM
At the Eurogamer Expo, it was stated that there are "40 or so" factions scattered about 60 provinces. So, excluding the playable ones, around 31 ("or so").

Here is the video from the Expo, in three parts. The one that talks about the number of factions is in part two, at 6:50.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oDkEDfjvqBc
Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=h3it_6HXkmY
Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MfL-lwPgFek
---
'Internet zombie dish go to doll! HEY! Frustration nickel naked pasta! HEY! Online gaming make pooch-burro? Nay he... HEY! Almond jar! CTRL ALT DELETE!' -Vork
#6soran66Posted 1/26/2011 11:44:00 AM
man, i was hoping to play some smaller factions, like asakura, azai, ashina, ouchi [they weren't really small, but they lost their land rapidly and the by time nobunaga started to gain power they were left with little power, so they can be considered a 'small faction'] or the amago even :/ ... uragami.....miyoshi T_T i soo want to be able to play a couple of those....

bt then again, if there are 9 clans playable [the 9th is hattori according to wiki] so we have so far:

1- oda
2- chosokabe
3- takeda
4- date
5- uesugi

my assumption of the rest are:

6- shimazu
7- mouri
8- imagawa/hojo/tokugawa

the shimazu and mouri since they were in the 1st release so i think there's a good chance they'll be playable, tho the last spot i'm not sure which one of the mentioned three could get it

and the 9th is hattori
---
PSN: devil_prince11
#7Lemming_Of_EvilPosted 1/26/2011 12:35:12 PM
I'm hoping, like Rome, some of those 30 odd factions will be able to be modded in. I've always loved taking the smallest of provinces and building it into an empire.
---
'Internet zombie dish go to doll! HEY! Frustration nickel naked pasta! HEY! Online gaming make pooch-burro? Nay he... HEY! Almond jar! CTRL ALT DELETE!' -Vork
#8SeraphilPosted 1/26/2011 2:16:04 PM
Really don't get why the Hattori of all people is playable when they were always subservient to other clans(Hattori members in the Tokugawa, Oda, and the Honganji.) That's like making the Fuma playable separate from the Hojo.

Why not have that spot taken by a clan like the Ashikaga, Miyoshi or Honganji, since the capital region is still barren of anyone playable?

Ashikaga: The Shogunate itself and one of the biggest foes Nobunaga had to face due to Shogun Yoshiaki forming the anti-Nobunaga coalition with the Takeda, Mouri, Azai, Asakura, Miyoshi, Honganji and others.

Honganji: The religious faction, they were composed of the Ikko-Ikki, a widespread sect of fanatic monks and priests who opposed the samurai class, and were a huge thorn for Nobunaga. He spent an entire decade trying to siege their main fortress of Ishiyama-Honganji.

Miyoshi: The most powerful clan in the capital before Nobunaga. They controlled the Shogunate as their puppet, and their influence spread through the capital, Kansai region and large part of Shikoku. It wasn't until Nobunaga came knocking that they were ousted from the capital.

Well, at least the Miyoshi showed up in one of the videos fighting the Chosokabe.
---
"We don't drop, we don't melt, we don't foam, as such we are Sekkenya!"
#9soran66Posted 1/26/2011 2:53:04 PM
^ exactly how i feel.

by the way: hai seraphil :D
---
PSN: devil_prince11
#10nightsamurai456Posted 1/26/2011 10:31:23 PM
how about toyotomi? toyotomi hideyoshi came after nobunaga, didn't he?
---
the threat is often stronger than the execution