Three kingdoms - Total War

#1mastakilla63Posted 2/28/2011 9:04:14 AM
Anyone thinks it's a good idea? China's history battles are pretty interesting too. the map'd be huge, plus it's ab 200 a.d., so there's no guns then :D

The only problem i can think of is the chars' names. Cao Cao, Liu Bei n such sound rather boring huh.
#2KoganesagaPosted 2/28/2011 9:36:12 AM
I wouldn't call it boring, it's probably because dynasty warriors made their names so well known. And yes, it would be interesting, but by the same hand it would be disappointing not to be able to guide Gan Ning's sword though my enemies lungs personally, as I've become accustomed to with him.
#3Kenokun128Posted 2/28/2011 10:49:45 AM
plus it's ab 200 a.d., so there's no guns then

No but they do have Repeating Crowssbows which are pretty much the same thing only more reliable.
---
It takes an Idiot to do cool things, Thats why its cool.
-Furikuri
#4NuclearBulletPosted 2/28/2011 12:34:34 PM
I do agree that a Total War China is way overdue, however, I don't agree with names sounding "boring." I think names like Mike, Chris, and Joe are boring, but that's just an opinion...

What do you suggest we call Cao Cao? Super-Ancient-Chinese-Dude-Great-General-Man?
#5Sean23Posted 2/28/2011 10:02:23 PM
I actually always was hoping for Shogun 2 to be next after Empire, except that it included China and maybe Russia. I was sad it didn't include anything but Japan, but it still looks great, just hope they cover them at some point in time. The problem would be making it different than their other games.
#6SSulivan11Posted 2/28/2011 10:40:16 PM
It'd be sweet. More troops and more gore in the battles. From the Han Dynasty (beginning of the 3k period) to the Jin Dynasty (the end of the 3k period) there were like 30,000,000 deaths, largely because battles had hundreds of thousands of soldiers.

In one instance, in a naval battle, one warlord's entire fleet was burned and he lost almost a million men in one fire attack.

But it could add duels into the series. Historically, dueling wasn't quite as popular but in the novel about the time, duels happened quite often. It'd be great to see Guan Yu and Lu Bu duel in a total war game, then have the infantry and cavalry crash on each other.
---
I'm untouchable (you get it??)
#7DevilD2005Posted 2/28/2011 11:22:43 PM
^Not to rain on your parade SS but....

When you romantisize such things as war, the numbers tend to get embeleshed. I doubt Cao Cao had 1 million soldiers/ships at Chi Bi when he lost his fleet, but it sure makes one hell of a story though doesnt it.
#8renesitoPosted 2/28/2011 11:28:46 PM

mastakilla63 posted...
Anyone thinks it's a good idea? China's history battles are pretty interesting too. the map'd be huge, plus it's ab 200 a.d., so there's no guns then :D

The only problem i can think of is the chars' names. Cao Cao, Liu Bei n such sound rather boring huh.

Cao Cao is a hilarious name, so is Cao Ren. Lol.

#9renesitoPosted 2/28/2011 11:30:22 PM

I only wish for some expansion so that I can invade most of asia from Japan. I think that would be so much fun :D

#10yutterhPosted 2/28/2011 11:51:01 PM
its not pwonounced cow cow >_> yes i knwo i thought it was too. its Kay oh Kay oh and kay oh ren. well the easiest way to explain in my opinion.
---
Good news everyone! - Hubert Farnsworth
What do you mean "we", flesh-tube? - bender