Co-op campaign.

#1bigcheesegraterPosted 3/15/2011 12:05:09 PM
Me and my friend have been doing co-op campaign for a good couple of hours, (it's great by the way) but after we saved and tried to reload after getting a drink and things, we can't join each others games. Is anyone else having this problem?
---
"Helljumpers in the tube!"
#2Lord BladePosted 3/15/2011 12:13:12 PM
Hmm, my friend and I were planning on going through a co-op campaign. I'd like to know if there's save issues.
I remember when Civ V came out, multiplayer was complete crap.

So, about the co-opů just how does it work then?
Are you each a separate clan?
Does it let you do live battles? Or are they auto-calc?
Can you both attack someone together in a joint attack?
Can you win as allies?

And there's that feature I heard about with a friend being able to take over the AI in a battle you're fighting. Can you do that when you're playing co-op?
Or is that only for a single player campaign?
And just how do you do it?
---
.- .-.. .-.. -.-- --- ..- .-. -... .- ... . .- .-. . -... . .-.. --- -. --. - --- ..- ...
#3JosephxxvviiPosted 3/15/2011 12:48:20 PM

I wish to know more too, since I'm excited for this feature (never played Napoleon).

Especially if there's a save problem.

#4bigcheesegrater(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2011 3:50:36 PM
Lord Blade posted...
Hmm, my friend and I were planning on going through a co-op campaign. I'd like to know if there's save issues.
I remember when Civ V came out, multiplayer was complete crap.

So, about the co-opů just how does it work then?

Essentially the same way the single player one does, we played the short campaign and between you you must take 35 provinces including ones stated (can't remember the names)

Are you each a separate clan?

Yes, each with your own individual starting area on the map.

Does it let you do live battles? Or are they auto-calc?

Either. Essentially one person is a spectator, but me and my friend just gifted each other units. This gives the other person all the control they would normally have over those units.

Can you both attack someone together in a joint attack?

Yes, but depending on map location etc it can be difficult.

Can you win as allies?

As far as I am aware you have to.

And there's that feature I heard about with a friend being able to take over the AI in a battle you're fighting. Can you do that when you're playing co-op? Or is that only for a single player campaign?

Single player campaign

And just how do you do it?

Go into multiplayer, co-op campaign.
---
#5bigcheesegrater(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2011 3:51:45 PM
Sorry for the double post. It seems there wasn't a save problem, you just need to persist when joining the host's lobby.
---
#6paradoxworldPosted 3/15/2011 4:05:14 PM
And there's that feature I heard about with a friend being able to take over the AI in a battle you're fighting. Can you do that when you're playing co-op?

Actually, yes. Whenever the person that you are playing co-op with battles, it will pop up on your screen with some choices. You can spectate, auto-resolve, or play as the AI.
---
Roses are red. Violets are blue. In Soviet Russia, poem write you.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!