How can I turn Anti-Aliasing on..

#1JalSheyIIPosted 3/15/2011 4:57:35 PM
in game?
---
"Wish to me that my courage remains in my heart and that my spirit remain steadfast"
#2wantedbulletPosted 3/15/2011 4:57:56 PM
I think you can force it from your driver control panel.
---
lol no TC. Bill is dead. He died from an erection lasting more than 4 hours.-random person117
#3Lord_ZZZPosted 3/15/2011 4:59:02 PM

Apparently AA is coming in the next patch, until then, as the other user said, you'll have to enable it in your graphics driver.

#4rss0900Posted 3/15/2011 5:02:58 PM

Next Patch within 4 weeks. Get that ................ a month away ! Now what do you think CA would have said if you told them you would pay for your game within 4 weeks, but wanted the game now. No AA for up to 4 weeks, kind of sneaky not to announce it until after realease, huh?

#5GoldenGunPosted 3/15/2011 5:13:57 PM
rss0900 posted...

Next Patch within 4 weeks. Get that ................ a month away ! Now what do you think CA would have said if you told them you would pay for your game within 4 weeks, but wanted the game now. No AA for up to 4 weeks, kind of sneaky not to announce it until after realease, huh?

Yes, because deploying a game without a particular graphic setting makes it unplayable... Nvidia and ATI both have settings where you can change the graphics for a particular game before you execute it.
#6_LegendaryPunk_Posted 3/15/2011 5:21:57 PM
GoldenGun posted...

rss0900 posted...

Yes, because deploying a game without a particular graphic setting makes it unplayable... Nvidia and ATI both have settings where you can change the graphics for a particular game before you execute it.

It's the principle of the matter - they're basically admitting to releasing an unfinished product. Most people don't want something that's simply "playable", they want the full experience they were promised.

Granted, I doubt it is the developers fault. More likely than not the publisher (Sega) forced the March 15th release date on them. Even though it's not the best scenario, I'm thankful that CA has promised to continue working on the game AFTER they have received peoples money for it. The alternative would have been to shrug and say "Meh, guess we won't include advanced DirectX support in this game after all."
---
"But though you may find this slightly macabre,
We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job."
#7ForcefulBootPosted 3/15/2011 5:49:55 PM
people lets not turn this into a debate and answer the guys question.

If you are using an ATI(AMD) card then go into your CCC (on windows 7 click start and search CCC) then go to the gaming tab, and click 3d application settings, next in the AA option uncheck use in game settings and put it to what ever you want.

If you are using Nvidia there should be a similar method in its driver control.
---
gigabyte ma790fxt-ud5p, AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE, Patriot DDR3, Radeon 4890, Powerbird 900 watt
#8godplaysSNESPosted 3/15/2011 5:51:33 PM
Enabling AA through the drivers will hit your performance harder than it normally would though, so your card may struggle
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#9giocarePosted 3/15/2011 6:03:37 PM
Has anyone here giving the advice "force it through your graphics card settings" actually tried it? Because people on Twcenter are saying even that doesn't work.
#10JaguarWarGodPosted 3/15/2011 6:09:10 PM

I have and it does not work. I'm slightly miffed too because this game was one of the reasons why I decided to build my rig. It still looks great but it would look so much better with all the stuff that was not released.