Too complicated

#1DrYuyaPosted 4/7/2011 6:18:25 PM
This game is like a nightmarish wall of menu choices and options that require a PHD in history, math, and probably computer programinng all in one.

It's supposed to be fun? Sorry but I think I'll take the much more relaxing Plants vs Zombies instead.
---
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of ass but still have plenty of bubblegum to chew at my leisure.
#2Spark0Posted 4/7/2011 6:22:01 PM
toke jopic?
---
It's like that story in the bible where Jesus gets swallowed by a whale cause the sailors think he's a woman-Grand_Torrasque on Zelda:OOT
#3Cirrus101Posted 4/7/2011 7:13:08 PM
I pray you never pick up a civilization game, op.
---
Legend of Dragoon Forums:
http://legendodragoon.proboards67.com/
#4ProsercunusPosted 4/7/2011 7:16:16 PM
If you think Shogun is tough wait until you get into the third grade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kZhTYQXvEA
---
Steam - Prosercunus
Gamertag - Prosercunus
#5Mushu_IVPosted 4/8/2011 4:07:47 AM
hope he never plays any classic rpg's probably have a aneurysm as soon as the character creation screen opened
#6LeBurns63Posted 4/8/2011 4:44:07 AM
Well I have never played a TW game but I have played and loved the Age of Empire games. However I was told here, on this forum, that TW is nothing like AE games and that if I have not played a TW game before to not start with this one as it is too difficult to get into.

So is that true or not? For someone with only AE experience would the learning curve bore me to death?
---
Cat Head Biscuits and Apple Butter - YUM!
#7HamerDPosted 4/8/2011 5:30:29 AM
I love AOE too, TW is more complicated but not too much. What you get with TW is EPIC battles.

TW is basically civ + aoe x 10.
#8airshockerPosted 4/8/2011 5:52:13 AM

Mister Yuya posted...
This game is like a nightmarish wall of menu choices and options that require a PHD in history, math, and probably computer programinng all in one.

It's supposed to be fun? Sorry but I think I'll take the much more relaxing Plants vs Zombies instead.

This game isn't complicated. It's not easy, but certainly not something you can't get the hang of.

And if Plants vs Zombies is more of your sty1e perhaps you shouldn't buy games like Shogun 2.

#9StorStarkPosted 4/8/2011 6:56:57 AM
I love the responses in this topic. Especially since hte first post after OP explained it all.
---
you're making fun of me with that effeminate unicorn shirt and I don't appreciate that at all ~ Shadow Light Master
#10MoganPosted 4/8/2011 9:38:14 AM

So is that true or not? For someone with only AE experience would the learning curve bore me to death?

Shogun 2 doesn't feel any more complex to me than Empire or Medieval 2 ... but then I've been playing Total War for a long time now. It does feel a little more difficult than the previous games though. If you're looking to get into Total War, you should pick the game set in the time period you like most and then keep in mind that these games a more slower than Age of Empires. Complexity can be kept to a minimum by playing on Easy or Normal, where most of the in depth statistics don't matter so much until you get a handle on the basics.

Also keep in mind, 90% of the text in the Total War games is just history/flavor. So don't be intimidated when you open a unit's/building's stat card and see a wall of words.
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into nine guys you've ****ed!"