Random crashes to desktop??!!

#1mbc_656Posted 6/20/2011 1:56:10 PM
i don't remember when/where exactly they've been happening, but they seem random
the game just minimizes to desktop and doesn't respond
this started happening immediately after the latest patch, i'll be playing for about half-hour till it happens, usually when i'm on the campaign map

any help is welcomed, i've stopped playing because of this
---
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black C3 | 4GB OCZ 'AMD Black' DDR3 1600 | Asus 790X EVO
MSI R5770 Hawk | 500GB SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 | 700W CM Silent Pro | CM690 II Adv.
#2SentToStrikePosted 7/3/2011 6:19:01 PM

Hey mate,

Yeah the same thing has been happening to me. I managed to get past the first training tutorial with it only crashing once. But the second tutorial is too long so I can't get through it without it crashing to the desktop. Then when I try to maximize it again it just wont come back up. Also, when I press ctrl, alt delete after it has crashed to desktop sometimes it says in the application manager that the game is "not responding".

Running it in direct x 9 seems to make it slightly more stable but it crashes eventually.

#3blackcat no13Posted 7/4/2011 1:00:21 PM(edited)
This *might* help your problem. Cleaning your registry:

http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm

Edit: It's free. Download, install, scan and click repair.

I always run this program when I'm experiencing crashes while I'm gaming. Be it Shogun 2, or another game.
---
A dark swift menacing steed makes light of the tyranny of distance. - Black Stallion