Can my computer run this?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Total War: Shogun 2
  3. Can my computer run this?
4 years ago#1

Sorry to be one of 'those people' but I havent played PC games in nearly 10 years lol. My friend is helping me build a new gaming rig and I am wondering if this will be good enough to run Shogun 2 (and the other Total War games) at a fairly high setting?

MSI 870A Fuzion Motherboard AM3 DDR3
AMD Phenom II 960T Quad Core Processor
XFX Radeon HD 6790 Video Card
8 GB Memory
Coolmax 1000W PSU
500GB-1TB HDD (undecided)

Of course Im mainly curious about the processor and videocard since Im fairly out of the loop. Id really appreciate any help. Thanks alot.

4 years ago#2
Yes.
AMD Phenom II X2 565 Dual Core 3.4 Black Edition | Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 | ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB | Msi 760GM-P23(FX) AM3+| Antec 300 Mini Tower | Win7(64)
4 years ago#3

Thanks

4 years ago#4
You should be able to max / high it.
AMD Phenom II X2 565 Dual Core 3.4 Black Edition | Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 | ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB | Msi 760GM-P23(FX) AM3+| Antec 300 Mini Tower | Win7(64)
4 years ago#5

Ah cool. Good to know. I might as well also ask anyone if its true the Total War games before Empire are sluggish on multi-core processors? Or if thats just rumor.

4 years ago#6
If they are, I haven't noticed it.

Medieval 2 will sometimes say reinforcements can't arrive due to system limitations, but the game itself is never slow for me.

And Rome is no contest. Game is easy to run.
The brain named itself.
4 years ago#7
You really need 1000W? Make sure that a 600W power supply might be more than enough for that rig. I'm only seeing only one vid card, so that rig won't need *that* much juice to run.

Edit: I can see it happening if you're planning on upgrading by adding another card and crossfire it, but if it's not, make sure that you're not blowing unnecessary amounts of $ on that power supply.
A dark swift menacing steed makes light of the tyranny of distance. - Black Stallion
4 years ago#8

blackcat no13 posted...
You really need 1000W? Make sure that a 600W power supply might be more than enough for that rig. I'm only seeing only one vid card, so that rig won't need *that* much juice to run.

Edit: I can see it happening if you're planning on upgrading by adding another card and crossfire it, but if it's not, make sure that you're not blowing unnecessary amounts of $ on that power supply.

Thanks for the heads up. And youre right, it would be for adding another videocard down the line.

1. Boards
  2. Total War: Shogun 2
  3. Can my computer run this?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived