Coming back to this game, quick question

#1ThorninatorPosted 1/6/2014 11:10:34 PM(edited)
Hi,

Coming back to this game after never really completing it and had a quick few questions:

Can the AI run out of money? or if they have a full elite stack and only 1 province, will they stay in the negative and be unable to train further troops?

If I am a different religion to a province next to me and I have a church and it convert there province to my religion, will a rebellion occur because of that? or if the ai has a negative morale on a city that stays down, will a rebellion occur?

Is going to Christianity worth it? and generally are matchlock better than bow? I've always stuck to bow because of the range so don't really know if the guns are any good

What is the best way to assault a fort? Usually I just kill there ranged with my ranged if they outnumber them and then rush the walls and gates at same time.

Cheers
---
Steam:Thorny264 Praise the FSM
i7 3770k-EVGA 780 ACX- 120GB Intel 330-16GB 1600MHZ RAM - 1TB Caviar Black
#2Chinmi_IronfistPosted 1/7/2014 6:28:30 PM
Thorninator posted...
Hi,

Coming back to this game after never really completing it and had a quick few questions:

Can the AI run out of money? or if they have a full elite stack and only 1 province, will they stay in the negative and be unable to train further troops?

Don't know

If I am a different religion to a province next to me and I have a church and it convert there province to my religion, will a rebellion occur because of that? or if the ai has a negative morale on a city that stays down, will a rebellion occur?

the religion thing essentially adds discontent, if the overall is negative then yes rebellions will occur. IIRC if it stays negative for two turns, that's when rebellions could potentially happen.

Is going to Christianity worth it? and generally are matchlock better than bow? I've always stuck to bow because of the range so don't really know if the guns are any good

Depends. I personally think it is, it allows me to sow rebellions everywhere, so I can take people's provinces without directly clashing with them. I personally prefer bows myself, but I've heard good things about the guns. Don't use them much though so can't really give an opinion on them.

What is the best way to assault a fort? Usually I just kill there ranged with my ranged if they outnumber them and then rush the walls and gates at same time.

Cheers

If I significantly outnumber them, I just use auto resolve. If it's more of an even battle, I try to hide some of my forces then draw their attention to one side of the fort with the majority of my units while my hidden forces strike from behind.
#3sfcalimariPosted 1/8/2014 2:10:07 AM
The two main advantages of going Christian is missionaries and European trade ships, which both basically turn the game into Easy Mode. Any religious agent has a higher chance and lower cost of causing a rebellion in a province that is a different religion--so Buddhist monks are good at causing rebellions in Christian provinces, and Christian missionaries are good at causing rebellions in Buddhist provinces. Obviously 99% of the time most provinces are going to be Buddhist, so Christian missionaries will easily cause a ton of rebellions at low cost. Also, missionaries get the "cause unrest" upgrade one XP tier earlier than Buddhist monks, and that perk makes them even better than they already were at causing rebellions. As a Christian you can make every province on the map (bar Kyoto) turn into a rebel province with rebellions, which makes beating the game really really easy.

Euro trade ships are also godly because they have tons of cannons and tons of health, and just one or two can defeat any navy. The AI never ever uses European ships so you can rule the waves easily with a lot of European trade ships.
---
http://i75.servimg.com/u/f75/17/26/59/67/ku-xla10.jpg
"Permit me to rule over the goats as well as the sheep." --Zygmunt Augustus
#4Emperor_SlaughPosted 2/6/2014 8:29:46 AM
The AI gets free unit stacks...at least on the harder difficulties.
#5RimmerDallJrPosted 2/17/2014 6:40:42 PM
Archers are good to back up your Ashigaru.
---
Confidence is light and charm at its best.
#6HaloODSTDPosted 2/19/2014 7:05:02 PM
Thorninator posted...

Cheers

I don't attack forts until I get siege artillery, then just bomb them until I run out of ammo. Bring in Samurai archers next. Samurai to clean up anyone left.
---
PSN: RutgersStudent
http://arabsuzy.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/suzy.gif
#7RimmerDallJrPosted 3/2/2014 9:00:36 AM
I have yet to see a castle even if poorly defended run out of money that they lose soldiers. In this game series honor is very important. That is where if you run from battle one time to many your men desert rather than leave due poor pay or not at all.
---
#8RimmerDallJrPosted 3/15/2014 11:11:38 AM
Even if they are in the negative it does not matter. I rarely see them stay out of fighting .
---