Does Dungeon Siege has 2 player cooperative mode?

#1eddylikesgirlsPosted 3/10/2011 9:40:44 PM

I want to know if Dungeon Siege has 2 player cooperative mode. If yes, that'll be great. If not, then whatever.

#2eddylikesgirls(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2011 9:41:38 PM

eddylikesgirls posted...

I want to know if Dungeon Siege has 2 player cooperative mode. If yes, that'll be great. If not, then suck.

#3CthulhuDagonPosted 3/11/2011 7:22:22 PM
It does, but I saw just a deal breaker article on Dungeon Siege 3. It wasn't like this in the previous two games and I have no idea what on earth Obsidian was thinking with this design decision:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1154653p1.html

To sum it up, only the person that makes the game gets to use "their" character. Anyone else cannot import their own character, they just step in as one of your AI characters. They can't keep loot, level progression, story progression or anything else.

Deal breaker, no point buying this now.
---
White line is in the middle of the road, that's the worst place to drive.
#4D1TremerePosted 3/11/2011 9:37:47 PM
Seems they recanted on some of that, link on the 360 board.
---
360 Gamer Tag: d1tremere
#5DreadDLordDPosted 3/12/2011 7:06:27 AM

CthulhuDagon posted...
To sum it up, only the person that makes the game gets to use "their" character. Anyone else cannot import their own character, they just step in as one of your AI characters. They can't keep loot, level progression, story progression or anything else.

Deal breaker, no point buying this now.

For real? That is one of the most appauling and regretful decisions you could make. Why did Chris Taylor even allow Obsidian to reduce the multiplayer options like this? Let this installment rot in hell! Heck no! Obsidian can go burn in the depths of Hades!

#6D1TremerePosted 3/12/2011 10:01:39 AM
They didn't, as I said.
There just forcing you to keep your MP and SP characters seperate, you still get to keep your loot.
I would bet there will be a way to swap loot back and forth between SP and MP as well.
---
360 Gamer Tag: d1tremere
#7CthulhuDagonPosted 3/12/2011 12:00:22 PM
There's no 100% confirmation how it will be, I looked on the 360 board, on the official Dungeon Siege 3 forums, there's no concrete proof they're not going this route.

If it's wrong, good, then I'll buy it to play with friends. If it's right, well...apparently they don't like money.

Obsidian needs to come out and say straight up what exactly co-op is/does/is like in extreme detail if they want to retain any possible sales. I can't see many people buying this just for a single player dungeon crawl.
---
White line is in the middle of the road, that's the worst place to drive.