Heart Of Nagog (spoilers)

#1PhilR1Posted 6/19/2011 3:53:50 AM(edited)
Hi there,

I'm just wondering what the choices are with the Heart of Nagog. I have chosen Lucas, the melee guy and the other party member, Anji, seems to think it is a good idea not to destroy it.

What exactly happens if you do destroy it or keep it as it is?

Cheers,
---
Playing Duke-Nukem Forever (at last!), Dungeon Siege III (360) & Dragon Quest VI (DS).
Next game I'm buying - F.E.A.R 3
#2MrtyuPosted 6/19/2011 4:19:46 AM
well if you destroy it you free the ghost girl and complete that side quest, but beat lord gunderic first as its power go's into him when you destroy it.
---
To reach the unreachable.
Currently Waiting for Skyrim & Saints Row
#3PhilR1(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2011 3:36:48 AM
I decided to leave it alone because Anjani said it was for the best but now the quest doesn't complete? Is there anything I can do to complete it apart from destroying the damn thing? In the quest objective it says if you destroy the Heart of Nagog, you rescue the girl but there 'might' be conquences if you do.

I'm on my way to Stonebridge now and still got the quest in my active list. Starting to annoy me now.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!
---
Playing Duke-Nukem Forever (at last!), Dungeon Siege III (360) & Dragon Quest VI (DS).
#4MrtyuPosted 6/21/2011 5:16:42 AM
The consequences are makeing lord gunderic more powerful thats it. You get no bonus for leaving it alone and the only way to complete the quest is by destroying it.
---
To reach the unreachable.
Currently Waiting for Skyrim & Saints Row
#5PhilR1(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2011 3:53:18 AM
Mrtyu posted...
The consequences are makeing lord gunderic more powerful thats it. You get no bonus for leaving it alone and the only way to complete the quest is by destroying it.

Thanks for letting me know Mrtyu. At least now I can complete the quest. It seems crazy that the quest objective says to to decide on what to do and there might be unforseen consequences if you do destroy it yet you can only complete the quest if it's destroyed.

What's the point in giving you a choice if there is no choice at all?
---
#6mattinthehat88Posted 6/24/2011 6:40:55 AM
one website said gunderic drops a special chainmail only available for Lucas. I fought him before destroying the heart, and he only dropped a green (fairly useless) hurberk (or whatever they are called), do you need to destroy the heart and THEN beat him to get the special item drop?
---
NY gets all the cool plane crashes...
#7jago107Posted 6/24/2011 11:07:41 AM
Do you get any extra XP or rewards for beating Gunderic after destroying the Heart? Since he's harder, you should get more XP, right?
---
XBL - NightRider107
PSN - NightRider107