HELP: Enemy at the Gate - "it isn't safe to unload the powder right now" :HELP

#1Shellman704Posted 6/26/2011 10:21:59 AM
I am doing the quest Enemy at the Gates, where you have to blow up the mining shaft's entrences to seal them before Jeyné's army can push into the mines.

The probelm is the third objective, Set Explosive Charges, which is where I am stuck/glitched(?).

I go into the room with the mine entrance, following the gold orbs to the gold arrow pointing to the mine cart. After killing all the enemies and the sub-boss I goto press RB on the mine cart and this phrase appears: "It isn't safe to unload the powder right now".

I sit around and wait and wait and it will not let me set the explosive charges.

I even set a different quest and completed those (blowing up a different mine entrance along the way). When I returned with all available side quests completed the same phrase is displayed and I can not blow it up.

Did anyone else experience this problem? Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I missed?

The only other available quest is Majority Rules, where you meet with the Meisters of Stonebridge. Do I need to complete this first?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I am also open to suggestions. Thank you.
---
Currently playing- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012 The Masters, Portal 2, D&D: Daggerdale, Mafia 2, Mortal Kombat, LA Noire & Dungeon Siege 3
--- ShellmanQCM
#2Shellman704(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2011 11:20:27 AM
Bump, I can't even do the other available mission. If this has happened to anyone else please let me know if it is broken and I must restart or what you did to blow up the southern mining tunnel entrance.
---
Currently playing- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012: The Masters, Portal 2, D&D: Daggerdale, Mortal Kombat, L.A. Noire & Dungeon Siege 3
--- XBL = ShellmanQCM
#3MrtyuPosted 6/26/2011 2:00:53 PM
This happened to me its glitched out, reload a save on the last breach or earlier thats what fixed it for me.
---
To reach the unreachable.
Currently Waiting for Skyrim & Saints Row
#4Shellman704(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2011 3:18:40 PM
Anyone else?
---
Currently playing- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012: The Masters, Portal 2, D&D: Daggerdale, Mortal Kombat, L.A. Noire & Dungeon Siege 3
--- XBL = ShellmanQCM
#5jwsimms42Posted 6/26/2011 6:48:56 PM
I haven't found a way around it, and my saves are too far back. This is a game-ender for me.
#6chase710Posted 6/26/2011 9:54:11 PM
I assume you're at Glitterdelve...my only thought is that you a) didnt get all the powder, or b) there's another area you didnt go to yet...
---
If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'
#7arcusstonePosted 6/26/2011 10:35:01 PM

The same thing is happening to me, I have tried finding any areas that I may have missed but still the issue occures I also cant go to a previous save... Anyone please HELP... I was loving this games until now looks like its going back to the shop.

#8Shellman704(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2011 4:15:53 PM
chase710 posted...
I assume you're at Glitterdelve...my only thought is that you a) didnt get all the powder, or b) there's another area you didnt go to yet...

No, this is more than a simple solution. It is a full blown glitch. I have done everything else I can do, quest wise. Still no luck, I even blew up the western mining entrance but my problem is at the soutern mining entrance.

Glad to see it isn't a user error but a glitch that I can't control. It also sucks seeing others with the same problem.

As another poster said, the autpsaves are way to far back. 6hours back in my case. I already started a new campaign with Riendhart and I am keeping my "glitched" katarina file in hope of a patch.

The possible cause (my experieience):

I went into the southern mining tunnel and followed the gold orbs all the way to the room with the mine cart in it where you must plant the explosives. I then saw the mini-boss and all his companions and left the room and forced them to bottleneck in through the doorway. I killed all the enemies and saved, since there was a save point right there.

After the save, the mini-boss and followers had respawned and I proceeded to slaying all of the baddies. I walk to the mine cart and try to plant the explosives for the first time and I get the error message "you can not plant the powder charges at this moment" or whatever the exact message is.

No matter what I have done I can not get it to plant.

When I get to Glitterdelve mine and have to blow up the tunnel entrances again I will make sure to take it slowly and not save near the southern mining tunnel's mine cart that I must explode.
---
--- XBL = ShellmanQCM
#9senorsneekyPosted 7/1/2011 1:21:22 AM

This is killing me too. I love this game but my saves are hours behind where I am now. I hope this gets patched soon.

#10Shellman704(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2011 10:45:40 AM
I hope a patch comes out to fix it period. But I have goten to the Soutern Mines and pass both the Southern and Western Mine (the two tunnel openings you must collapse) in my new game without any problem. I didn't want to reproduce the glitch by any means although I was prepared this time with multiple back up saves.

The best advice I can give is: when going through Glitterdelve Mine, especially when aproaching the room with the mini-boss and the mine cart you must explode, you should carefully save. Do not save at all really unti you get back to the Throne Room(where the Queen is).

If you are playing on Hardcore difficulty: save at the first save point you see after the explosive has been planted and the collapse has finished. This will prevent the glitch since it occurred when I saved after going into the room but before planting the explosive.

This is a very annoying, and game breaking glitch that is hard to prevent (especially on first play through). Another good tactic to use to prevent this is when in Glitterdelve Mine, create a lot of New Saves so if this glitch occurs you don't have to rely on an autosave that is most likely and unfortunately hours ago.

I may create a Public Service Announcement when going into Glitterdelve Mine for the first time thread, so people can be aware of this glitch and what they can do to prevent it from happening. I hope all the info I have given regarding this glitch has been clear and is easy to understand. Thanks for all the input you guys gave, even though none of it helped with this unfortunate matter.
---
--- XBL = ShellmanQCM