Easy DP, Start to Finish

#1The_White2086Posted 1/12/2011 10:28:23 PM
In light of the numerous "how do I get DP" topics that have been cropping up recently, we took a vote and decided that a sticky topic was called for so here we go. Please do no post until you see my sig and do request sticky status until we get it.

First, some basics that I know will be asked if I don't answer them.
1: Check out http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997448-yu-gi-oh-5ds-tag-force-5/57079380 for how to unlock the packs, characters and story completion rewards
2: Check out http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/997448-yu-gi-oh-5ds-tag-force-5/faqs/61339 for what is in each pack
3: To find a specific duelist, go to Martha's place and talk to Blister. For 500dp he will put a transmitter on someone (you can only have one transmitter at a time). For 600dp he will put a mark on your map representing each major duelist (Yusei, Crow etc) and whoever has the transmitter on them. These marks will last for one week (game time)
4: To unlock handicap mode, fisnish a charachter's story (main of otherwise)
5: To finish a story, raise heart levels by: a) talking to the charachter and playing the mini games. b) beating them in duels. c) giving them gifts. d) partering with them and doing any of the above to other duelists (especially the ones shown by talking about "persons of intrest")

Alrighty, with that out of the way I'll get on to the stuff I know you came here for, how to actually get the DP. Obviously winning duels is the easiest way of generating DP but there are some ways of winning that are simply better than others and one way of getting 2k each day without dueling at all. Gaining DP takes a fair bit of time at the start and this is one of those cases where you have to spend money to make money. It is going to be slow until you get to the point where you can make a good farming deck and abuse one of many mechanics and duelists for fast DP but once you get there :D

For a free 2,000dp each day you can find the MC (that guy with a microphone and the long hair sticking three miles out of the forehead) and pick the right box. Easiest way of doing this is to save your game at the start of the day and just spend time traveling around the world until you locate him. Load your game and jump to where you saw him, double check that he is still there and save again. Now you can go through all the prizes one at a time (loading after each) until you get the one you are after YAY. If you really feel like it, you can farm all your DP this way for a while.

To start off your dueling career you should probably know that the game gives you two starter decks to pick from, I found the seccond one MUCH better than the first but one of my housemates claims he like the first one better so I guess it comes down to personal preference here, play around with them while you roam the world generating that first set of DP for a deck that can farm. Once you scavange about 10-20k DP you should have enough to start forming a deck that can actually beat people consistantly enough to be useful. What will follow is a few decks that can with easily and how to use them/who to use them against for some decent DP gain.

NO POSTING YET
#2The_White2086(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2011 10:29:14 PM
1: Gladiator Beasts & Maia
Maia is a generic duelist I stumbled upon by accident. After beating her once and getting about 1,700dp I noticed that she was running a level 9 deck and I still had no idea what her victory condition was so I went back and dueled her again, this time she dropped Final Countdown on me on her 2nd turn. She actually has a pretty good deck but her big problem is Gladiator Beasts. Against a half decent GB deck she has a grand total of one answer, Lava Golem, and even that only slows us down a bit. What you will need is the Ultimate Monsters pack, the Delux Spell and Supreme Traps packs won't hurt but they aren't neccesary either. Finally, 2 E-Hero Prisma and an E-Hero Stratos from the Boy on the Podium pack will be all you will need from outside the GB Archetype. For those who don't know the GB's, they revolve around attacking, putting themselves back in your deck and then summoning a different GB and giving them an awesome effect. For the extra deck they use a form of contact fusion, you put two or more of them back in the deck to fusion summon a new one. While it might sound like a bad choice to pick a deck based on attacking a lot to beat a dedicated stall deck like Final Countdown but since Maia uses almost exclusively spell and trap cards to stop you attacking along with a few, easy to get around stall mosters an few particular GBs will destroy her.
Test Tiger: He can speciall summon himself as long as you control any GB, then you can tribute him to put a GB into the deck and summon any GB you want AND they get their effects
E-Heros Stratos/Prisma: Stratos searches Prisma and Prisma turns himself into a GB for use in fusion summoning
GB Bestari: When summoned by a GB (or Test Tiger) he blows up a spell or trap card
GB Murmillo: When summoned by a GB he blows up a face up monster
GB Darius: When summoned by a GB he summons a GB from the graveyard
GB Gyzarus: Fusion Summoned by Bestari and any other GB, when he pops up he blows up up to 2 cards on the field

Your big play here is to get Bestari out or use Prisma to get him into the grave and summon Gyzarus, nuke her stall cards and attack. When Gyzarus attacks he can summon two GBs (neither can be Bestari). By the time you have him and any other GB on the field, you can be summoning him every turn to blow up at least two cards, since she has no way of stopping him you can do this indefinately for an almost garunteed win and 1,500-2,000dp
Basic Monster lineup should look like
1 GB Bestari
2 GB Murmillo
2 GB Darius
3 Test Tiger
2 E-Hero Prisma
1 E-Hero Stratos
8-9 Whichever GBs you like (Laquari, Retiari, Samnite and Equeste are decent choices)
You can put in whatever spells and traps you have access to.

2: Empty Jar/Illusion Jar
First, credit goes to Freezyefc for the Illusion variant of this deck
This deck is easily caipable of beating any duelist in the game in one or two turns thus giving out dp rewards for fast kills and enabling you to take on high level duelists for easy and consistant dp while not requireing you to beat the same duelist over and over again. It is also an above average deck to use for tag duels since you can win by yourself very quickly and don't have to rely on the AI not doing stupid **** and thus is great for finishing storylines when you don't have the cards to make a compatable deck.

Your tactic here is either to deck out your opponent using Morphing Jar and Needle Worm or use Morphing jar to draw to Megamorph + Limiter Removal and then use Summoner of Illusions to get Cyber-End Dragon.

STILL NO POSTING
#3The_White2086(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2011 10:29:38 PM
Here's the deck list I run which is able to obtain either victory condition depending on circumstances
Monsters (11):
3 A/D Changer
3 Giant Rat
1 Morphing Jar
1 Sangan
2 Summoner Of Illusions
1 Needle Worm

Spells (29):
3 Book Of Eclipse
3 Book Of Moon
3 Book Of Taiyou
1 Card Destruction
2 Dark World Dealings
1 Foolish Burial
1 Giant Trunade
2 Hand Destruction
3 Into The Void
2 Magical Stone Excavation
1 Limiter Removal
1 Megamorph
3 The Shallow Grave
3 Upstart Goblin

3: Crow + Blackwings
This setup is extremely basic, partner up with Crow to unlock the Blackwings, make a blackwing deck and go beat the dayly tournaments.
A basic Blackwing setup looks something like
Monsters (20):
2 Blackwing - Blizzard the Far North
3 Blackwing - Bora the Spear
1 Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
3 Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow
3 Blackwing - Shura the Blue Flame
3 Blackwing - Sirocco the Dawn
2 Blackwing - Vayu the Emblem of Honor
1 Dark Armed Dragon
1 Dark Grepher
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness

Spells (13):
1 Allure of Darkness
2 Black Whirlwind
2 Book of Moon
1 Burial from a Different Dimension
1 Cards for Black Feathers
2 Dark Eruption
1 Heavy Storm
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Pot of Duality

Trap (7):
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Call of the Haunted
2 Icarus Attack
1 Mirror Force
1 Royal Oppression

4: Handicap Abuse
Credit to Kitsune_Blue for this one. After you have beaten a charachter's story mode (likely Maia or Crow if you are looking at this) you get access to handicap mode. At the biggest handicap, you get 100lp and your opponent gets 16,000 but you get a decent dp bonus for winning here. Basically this strategy is based on using Reversal Quiz to flip your lp and Fuhma Shuriken or Black Pendant to deal damage when they are sent from the field by Reversal. The big issue that I have with this deck is the 30 secknd time limit that the handicap gives you, I don't think it's enough time to do everything but others swear by this deck, so here it is, Kitsune_Blue's decklist looks like this.
Monsters: 0

Spells: 40

3x Reversal Quiz
3x Fuhma Shuriken
3x Hidden Armory
3x Dark World Dealings
3x Into the Void
3x Upstart Goblin
3x Hand Destruction
3x Reload
3x Pot of Duality
1x Card Destruction
3x Book of Moon (Protection in case I go first)
1x Swords of Revealing Light (Again, protection)
1x Level Limit Area B
3x Messanger of Peace
2x Gold Sarcophagus
1x Heavy Storm
1x Mystical Space Typhoon

Traps: 0

Set Reversal Quiz as your destiny draw card, draw it, abuse drawing spell cards until you get Fuhma or Hidden Armory, set Fuhma, play Reversal (pick spell), win.

That's about all I have for you, between all of these your DP farming problems should be over. Remember to rquest a sticky and add any other suggestions/deck lists you might have
---
I'm seriously laughing my ass off right now at those names. I wish I was Maleysia's boss, so I could be all like "IMMA FIRIN' MALEYSIA" - mootoast
#4MonkeyShow20Posted 1/12/2011 10:42:38 PM
---
I think it's fair to let you know that I am an airhead.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MonkeyShow20
#5FreezyefcPosted 1/13/2011 4:32:23 PM
Request sticky. Thanks for including the Illusion Jar deck in; having Needle Worm in there to have the option to deck-out is cool.
---
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/freezyefc
Tasty Juice - Drink it. Then convert it to pee.
#6sonofliberPosted 1/13/2011 5:46:10 PM
clearly this post is a must sticky
---
How exactly is Yukari a slut? She doesn't go around giving free Garudyne jobs to every guy or she doesn't let him Maralagidyne her void.
#7The_White2086(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2011 7:36:36 PM
Freezy, I love your Illusion variant on that deck, just the sheer awesomeness of having your opponent think that you are gonna try to deck them out and then BAM 16,000 to face, If I had the cards for it I would run that deck IRL. Having the second win condition gave the dack the boost it needed to be consistant enough to work, I always felt that running 3 needle worm was a waste of cards and it always seemed that a few of the spells that I used were just in there because I needed 40 cards. Adding the summoners + megamorph and limiter removal got around those issues quite nicely, it also solve the problem of "damn, I have 5 cards and they still have 11 because I stared badly. I just wish I had thought of it.
---
I'm seriously laughing my ass off right now at those names. I wish I was Maleysia's boss, so I could be all like "IMMA FIRIN' MALEYSIA" - mootoast
#8leoking99Posted 1/13/2011 7:40:29 PM
Sticky please
#9FreezyefcPosted 1/14/2011 4:49:31 PM
Me too, actually :P I got it from someone, who got it from someone else.
---
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/freezyefc
Tasty Juice - Drink it. Then convert it to pee.
#10TME_GuyPosted 1/14/2011 7:05:16 PM
How do I request this topic as a sticky???

---
Funny---- http://www.cleverbot.com/j2convbydate-qz17501
no more LIVESTREAM???