R/F Aliens

#1xvalonx6Posted 5/10/2011 5:03:24 AM
Once again, this deck is built off an irl premise. This one is actually for a friend, and neither of us have any of the big leagues like Duality, Solemns, etc. Either way, he's obsessed with these Aliens and wants to make a deck that will actually work. I've come up with this, and it can destroy the AI, but a real life duel is undoubtedly different. Have at it!

The Invasion
40 Cards

Monsters: 19
3 Alien Ammonite
3 Alien Dog
3 Alien Grey
1 Alien Hypno
1 Alien Kid
2 Alien Overlord
1 Alien Psychic
2 Alien Telepath (I'm thinking of scrapping a Kid for another Telepath?)
3 Alien Warrior

Spells: 12
1 "A" Counter Breeding Device
1 Burden of the Mighty
2 Code "A" Ancient Ruins
1 Dark Hole
1 Foolish Burial
1 Giant Trunade
1 Monster Reborn
2 Mysterious Triangle
1 Snake Rain
1 Swords of Revealing Light

Traps: 9
2 Alien Brain
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Mirror Force
2 Offering to the Snake Deity
1 Planet Pollutant Virus
1 Torrential Tribute

Extra Deck: In the game I use whatever I have in the trunk, of course. But his real life deck doesn't have much. Either way, this deck's blunt force kickers are:
1 AOJ Catastor
3 Cosmic Fortress Gol'Gar
He might have a few extras in there, not really sure.
---
Master Cheat: John 3:16 it may just save your life!
#2aerisfanboyPosted 5/10/2011 7:34:27 AM
This is one of the better decks on this board in a while...

Suggestions:

-1 A Cell Breeding Device
+1 Burden of the Mighty

1 A-counter per turn is too slow IMO.

-3 Alien Grey
+3 Oshaleon

I understand your choice of Alien Grey (it's the only draw engine without PoD). But Alien Ammonite (specifically) is just that important to search for instead of just drawing random cards. So Alien Grey's out. Alternatively, if you don't have Oshaleon, +1 Sangan, +2 Gold Sarcophagus.

-1 Alien Psychic
+1 Honest

You wanna have Gol'gar out ASAP, and to protect it at all costs. Honest is actually nice here.

-1 Hypno
-1 Snake Rain / -1 something
+2 Alien Kid

Not sure why Snake Rain is in here other than for Ammonite (and your other destruction cards can already fulfil that task). Alien Kid is beast (not ingame, but definitely IRL) SixSams, DoppelPlants, X-Sabers all SS a lot. Alien Kid helps slow them down.

These are only suggestions. Feel free to disagree...

P.S. I'm no expert on this. Kaze_no_Ou is this board's resident deck adviser, and he might offer an alternative view. PenOfStone is also another great duelist, and may help. Lastly, I don't think Storm (the resident "troll", he's actually pretty good though) would be so harsh to give this 0/10...
---
Games played: Yu-Gi-Oh! Tag Force 5, Dissidia: Final Fantasy.
Living in Singapore with no PS3. If you play the above games and want to meet up, email me.
#3Kaze_no_OuPosted 5/10/2011 9:17:00 AM
snake rain isnt bad if you use evil dragon ananta
or have it as a setup for other combos.

-1 alien dog
he's good but also a detriment. dont get trigger happy on him
---
TagForce4.webs.com
#4xvalonx6(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2011 10:58:50 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! I completely forgot Honest. He's actually pretty easy to get a hold of now. Twilight Edition, FTW.

I debated over Oshaleon and Grey. I'm still torn. Grey gives a draw, which could be any card and open up more possibilities, and give A Counter ammo for all the monsters and the Triangles. Same for Breeding Device. It's slow, but I couldn't find a quicker placement tool. All most of the cards need is a single counter, but Kid could be just perfect for that.

Hmm...
---
Master Cheat: John 3:16 it may just save your life!
#5NotteEternaPosted 5/12/2011 9:15:04 AM
I'm actually the friend he's talking about, and I'm glad to see this is getting replies. from what you said this is what im thinking:

-1 Alien Grey
+1 Oshaleon (Grey is still a good searcher so I wont remove all 3)

-1 A Cell Breeding Device
+1 Burden of the Mighty (that extra attack lowering works much more efficiently.)

-1 Alien Dog
+1 Alien Telepath (him and Golgar will kill your opponent's field S/T wise)

Honest being used for Gol'gar I would not agree with, instead I would just add Evil Dragon Ananta in his place. Gol'gar shouldn't stay the main focus when there is so many more open combos to use. I'm not sure who I want to lose for him just yet though. Just what I'm thinking, but it can be discussed further.
#6NotteEternaPosted 5/15/2011 6:17:06 AM
Not the OP, but it involves me so I'll ask. Should Flying Saucer be added to allow you to draw Alien monsters quickly(and Alien Brain)?
#7Kaze_no_OuPosted 5/15/2011 6:28:21 AM
@NotteEterna
Is reading a privilege?
do you get to skip things for no reason.
use CTRL+F

about this card
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Flying_Saucer_Muusik%27i
you want him to keep this piece of crap on the field for how long, just so he can mess up his draw phase rather than sing so many better search cards for reptiles?

its just not worth it if you can balance a deck
---
TagForce4.webs.com
#8NotteEternaPosted 5/15/2011 6:58:23 AM
Things that can actually search reptiles:
-Damage = Reptile (need to take damage with a reptile to use, not what you want to do, but is continuous)
-Damage Condenser (same thing, but needs a discard and is not continuous)
-Snake Whistle (reptile has to be destroyed by card effect)
-Snake Rain (in the grave so only useful with Ammonite and Code A)
-Sagan (very good searcher, but limited)
-Oshaleon (monster has to be 500 or less ATK, that is 6 cards of your deck at most)

Alien specific:
-Flying Saucer (has to stay on the field for a turn and prevents the regular draw when used)
-Mysterious Triangle (destroyed at the end phase)

So out of those and any i missed, you tell me what the best is to use as a searcher.
#9aerisfanboyPosted 5/15/2011 7:36:46 AM
NotteEterna posted...

Things that can actually search reptiles:
-Damage = Reptile (need to take damage with a reptile to use, not what you want to do, but is continuous)
-Damage Condenser (same thing, but needs a discard and is not continuous)
-Snake Whistle (reptile has to be destroyed by card effect)
-Snake Rain (in the grave so only useful with Ammonite and Code A)
-Sagan (very good searcher, but limited)
-Oshaleon (monster has to be 500 or less ATK, that is 6 cards of your deck at most)

Alien specific:
-Flying Saucer (has to stay on the field for a turn and prevents the regular draw when used)
-Mysterious Triangle (destroyed at the end phase)

So out of those and any i missed, you tell me what the best is to use as a searcher.

Out of these, only Sangan, Oshaleon and Mysterious Triangle make the mark. Contrary to what you said, Gol'gar should be the main focus of your deck. As such, there's only a need to worry about 2 things:

1. No Ammonite in hand.
2. No Level 4 Alien in the graveyard.

IMO, the deck right after your changes is fine.
---
Games played: Yu-Gi-Oh! Tag Force 5, Dissidia: Final Fantasy.
Living in Singapore with no PS3. If you play the above games and want to meet up, email me.
#10NotteEternaPosted 5/15/2011 7:49:35 AM
Good to know, question solved.

Thank you, but that still leaves the question, what would Evil Dragon replace, or should he be excluded?