Help about deck building?

#1__Arthur__Posted 7/1/2011 8:43:37 AM
Well,I was a Tag force 1 player,now I am playing a online Yu-Gi-Oh thats is on the internet,Since I never had that huge number of cards to choice,I don't know even to start with! You know any beginner tutorials around?Or you can help me putting some good decks here?
#2LoozarPosted 7/1/2011 10:02:29 AM
For starters, pick a theme you want to base your deck around. From there, just look up cards that would help support said theme. And if you have some extra slots to fill, round your deck out with staples.

Also, get familiar with the YGO Wiki. Whenever I want to build a new deck, I usually go here to get started.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
---
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dqe5o33Yi01A/610x.jpg
Women's Beach Volleyball, the sport where EVERYONE wins.
#3Kaze_no_OuPosted 7/1/2011 10:05:33 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/?7e93k989i6gbldj
im over the typos in it, they're not life ending so just deal with it

as for decks, are you new?

can you not, log out and search the board with the string r/f, which will in turn get you many builds
(201-250).
help yourself by looking for good decks
almost sounds like catered-netdecking

Hi, Mario's Pizza? yeah i'd like to order a netdeck, a good one, and you know surprise me by making it unique. Want my lady to think im a amazing guy who can cook real Italiano pizza, eh, eh?
hahaha, thanks 30 min or its free, yeah.
hangsup
---
TagForce4.webs.com
#4PenOfStonePosted 7/1/2011 9:05:02 PM
Make sure to fill out your deck with a few "staples". (Such as Pot of Duality, Book of Moon, Mystical Space Typhoon, Monster Reborn, Mirror Force, and take out ones that won't fit your theme, such as taking out Mirror Force for a super turbo deck, or MST for a deck that doesn't need S/T destruction, or Pot of Duality in a SS heavy deck as Frog Monarchs)

Keep your deck around 40-42. The only decktype that used more than 45 cards were Lightsword in their heyday (With Charge of the Light Brigade at 3), and even then they only used a max of 45 cards.

Try not to use cards that waste card advantage, such as Ancient Rules, Polymerization, etc unless it's during a format that's more monster friendly. (People used to use Polymerization during Dark Armed Dragon and Lightsworn format, since the format was so fast, but the new one is fast, so use Miracle Fusion instead for Hero Decks, for example)

Learn to Synchro Summon effectively, too. Try to use cards that don't waste card advanage in Synchroing, or broken tuners, such as Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind, Junk Synchron, etc.

In the beginning, if you don't cheat to get all cards or download a save file, make sure to edit your second deck. (The slightly anti-meta one, IIRC you start with a Beast one and another one, use the second deck)

Don't worry about milling your cards in your deck, cards such as Lightsworn, Card Trooper, Tuning, Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter, etc are good for that reason.

Don't forget to experiment, and try to use a deck that's fun for you. A great partner in the beginning of the game is Crow, so partner up with him by earning DP, giving him items, then asking him to be your partner. Then, buy the pack he unlocks, it gives you access to Blackwings, a powerful archetype (It's not as good anymore, but that's not the point).

Also, if you can, make sure to download the three most recent banlists. One of them is insanely broken as in they let you use ANY card in 3's, except for Giant Scorpion of the Tundra, and the most recent banlist is great if you want to learn about the current state of the card game (Although it's missing a lot of cards, since this game is kind of outdated). The most recent banlist also gives you access to Monster Reborn, a powerful card.
---
I have a talking Japanese Mijumaru plush. I win.
Friend Code for PkMn Black is in my quote.
#5__Arthur__(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2011 8:51:10 AM
PenOfStone posted...
Make sure to fill out your deck with a few "staples". (Such as Pot of Duality, Book of Moon, Mystical Space Typhoon, Monster Reborn, Mirror Force, and take out ones that won't fit your theme, such as taking out Mirror Force for a super turbo deck, or MST for a deck that doesn't need S/T destruction, or Pot of Duality in a SS heavy deck as Frog Monarchs)

Keep your deck around 40-42. The only decktype that used more than 45 cards were Lightsword in their heyday (With Charge of the Light Brigade at 3), and even then they only used a max of 45 cards.

Try not to use cards that waste card advantage, such as Ancient Rules, Polymerization, etc unless it's during a format that's more monster friendly. (People used to use Polymerization during Dark Armed Dragon and Lightsworn format, since the format was so fast, but the new one is fast, so use Miracle Fusion instead for Hero Decks, for example)

Learn to Synchro Summon effectively, too. Try to use cards that don't waste card advanage in Synchroing, or broken tuners, such as Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind, Junk Synchron, etc.

In the beginning, if you don't cheat to get all cards or download a save file, make sure to edit your second deck. (The slightly anti-meta one, IIRC you start with a Beast one and another one, use the second deck)

Don't worry about milling your cards in your deck, cards such as Lightsworn, Card Trooper, Tuning, Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter, etc are good for that reason.

Don't forget to experiment, and try to use a deck that's fun for you. A great partner in the beginning of the game is Crow, so partner up with him by earning DP, giving him items, then asking him to be your partner. Then, buy the pack he unlocks, it gives you access to Blackwings, a powerful archetype (It's not as good anymore, but that's not the point).

Also, if you can, make sure to download the three most recent banlists. One of them is insanely broken as in they let you use ANY card in 3's, except for Giant Scorpion of the Tundra, and the most recent banlist is great if you want to learn about the current state of the card game (Although it's missing a lot of cards, since this game is kind of outdated). The most recent banlist also gives you access to Monster Reborn, a powerful card.

Buts Im am not playing Tag Force 5,I just playing a online YU-GI-OH! that have all the cards already for play.

and....what is mill/milling?
#6thebobevilPosted 7/2/2011 9:10:09 AM
Milling is where you cause the other player to lose cards from their deck.

So called because of the Millstone card in Magic the Gathering.

The TC is obviously playing Dueling Network ...
---
Get Crazy Way!
#7__Arthur__(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2011 4:37:22 PM
thebobevil posted...
Milling is where you cause the other player to lose cards from their deck.

So called because of the Millstone card in Magic the Gathering.

The TC is obviously playing Dueling Network ...

Yes,and I never win a game...

my deck is a simply a FAIL.
#8PenOfStonePosted 7/2/2011 6:54:43 PM
http://www.konami.com/yugioh/blog/?p=6179

Look at these decks, and see what most of them have in common. They have a theme, and cards that support it, without being too attached to it.
---
I have a talking Japanese Mijumaru plush. I win.
Friend Code for PkMn Black is in my quote.
#9Kaze_no_OuPosted 7/2/2011 7:02:16 PM
you've been thinking too much, dude is completely new.

just give him a simple deck that doesn't use counters etc.
I.E.
give him black wings and call it a day
---
TagForce4.webs.com
#10__Arthur__(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2011 5:14:08 PM
And I continue losing,with many decks that I created.

Thinking about making a Cyber Dragon Deck.And the flaws can be asily abused.

1.The problem is to protect future fusion or a Cyber End Dragon summon, A mystical space typhoon,Bottomless Trap,Solemn Judgment/Warning can easily finish them,and they ARE common,way to common.

2.And since the main point of the Deck is summon the strongest monster and OTK the guy,I don't have much options when they screwed the summoning

3.Thinking about using some "underrated" cards like Magic Jammer and Seven Tools,altough they are quite pricy,is the only ones that can deal with the spell/trap destroyer that I have to face alot.