TCG or OCG? Damn xyz...

#1yano88Posted 8/14/2011 5:24:37 AM
With the advent of xyz monsters I have seen a drastical change on DN.

Many people thinks that xyz are god's gift to yu-gi-oh.

I still think that Synchros are the backbone of this game anyway I can't deny that xyz are growing.

Especially in the TCG where they hava a unique ruling XD

According to TCG, xyz materials detached gain their effect, like for example Sangan.

In the OCG xyz materials are NOT considered on the field therefore cards like Sangan do not gain activate their effect.
This situation is causing a lot of chaos on DN.

People that rightfully abuse Tour from the underworld to spam rank 3 xyz monster and, by using TCG rules, the gain hand advantage with Sangan.
But what it makes me mad is the fact that they use OCG cards too XD

You claim that you follow TCG rules? OK but do not use cards that are still OCG only! Or am I wrong?

Also why those stupid people at TCG changed the rulings???

If xyz came out in Japan and the ruling is that xyz materials are not considered on the field then why do you have to change the rulings???

Really TCG ruling is stupid. If Sangan is considered to be on the field then I activate Just Dessert and for only a face up xyz with 2 materials I demand that my opponent takes 1500 damage since it is in the monster zone. XD

I hope this situation changes soon and that TCG adapt itself to OCG...
#2Kaze_no_OuPosted 8/14/2011 8:49:36 AM
even without their special effects from detaching cards, XYZ still have their overpowered innate effect of;
XYZ monsters can only be destroyed by other XYZ monsters.

So its like every one of them comes with a built in "mist body"
Its 1 of the reasons why Gemknight Pearl has no effects, lol

In a Gemknight deck with Advanced plays, he could resurface quite a few times in a single duel.
---
TagForce4.webs.com
#3thebobevilPosted 8/14/2011 8:58:26 AM
Kaze_no_Ou posted...

Where is that ruling written?
---
Get Crazy Way!
#4yano88(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2011 9:31:51 AM
I think Kaze is joking about that sentence lol.
#5What_am_i_doingPosted 8/14/2011 2:41:43 PM(edited)
Kaze_no_Ou posted...
even without their special effects from detaching cards, XYZ still have their overpowered innate effect of;

So its like every one of them comes with a built in "mist body"
Its 1 of the reasons why Gemknight Pearl has no effects, lol

In a Gemknight deck with Advanced plays, he could resurface quite a few times in a single duel.

That's the ruling in the anime, not in real life. The only thing that XYZs have over synchros, other than the ability to detach materials, is that they have no level--only ranks giving them good synergy with Level Limit A/B and Gravity Bind, among other cards.
#6yano88(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2011 4:46:25 PM
Actually it's not even completely true to say that xyz being undefeatable is an anime only rule.

In the anime, only "Numbers" can be defeated by other "Numbers" but other xyz monster are the same as in real life.
#7thebobevilPosted 8/14/2011 8:09:35 PM
yano88 posted...
Actually it's not even completely true to say that xyz being undefeatable is an anime only rule.

In the anime, only "Numbers" can be defeated by other "Numbers" but other xyz monster are the same as in real life.

This
---
Get Crazy Way!
#8avenue20Posted 8/14/2011 9:26:12 PM
i hate if they make new xyz cards like brionac, scrap dragon and black rose eff its really broken i guess this card game will not fun anymore
#9sonic_rockzPosted 8/15/2011 7:43:50 AM
The TCG never confirmed that cards like Sangan/Tengu would get their effects.
---
PSN - HatchetInYoFace
*Mains Noob and is not a tackle/teleport spammer*
#10yano88(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2011 10:52:56 AM
yes it has.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Xyz_Material