Ask (people) who have the game anything

#1Prototype909Posted 5/18/2012 1:46:43 AM
Just drop your questions and me (Or other people who have the game, should they want to contribute) will do our best to answer them.
#2Ragno_SakiPosted 5/18/2012 6:30:04 AM
Lets see these are my questions so far:

1. Do you get anything for having clear data from Agarest War Zero?

2. The female characters relationship with the main will it be difficult now to choose or is it the same process as the previous games?

3. Weapon builds somehow i was always using swords they always seemed strong for each generation wondering if there are better weapons for the main in each gen cause i was thinking of switching to a other type?

4. I'm guessing capturing monsters is removed?

5. Do you get a larva partner in this one like the previous games?
#3Nanik328Posted 5/18/2012 10:28:21 AM
What is the difficulty like for 2? Will it be closer to Cross Edge or its own series? I mean I was able to get through Cross Edge on normal with a few problems here and there, but ultimately managed to beat it without any help.
#4Prototype909(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2012 11:03:53 AM
1. Do you get anything for having clear data from Agarest War Zero?

Yes there is a bonus to carry over clear data from Agarest War Zero, as I don't actually own Agarest War Zero's Japanese version I do not know what this bonus is. More than likely it could be CG data, but there could be other bonuses as well.

2. The female characters relationship with the main will it be difficult now to choose or is it the same process as the previous games?

There are still the somewhat ambiguous relationship event choices and "Choose where you go next" choices that will raise and lower various character affections, much like Agarest 0 EVERY character has an affection rate now, including males (No male romance though, it just affects some events on whether they show or not).

However, added in Agarest 2 are bathhouse mini-games, one of which allows you a LIMITED amount of times where you can boost heroines' affection rates slightly. You can pay a lot of gold for more bathhouse attempts, but even that has a limit. Also every heroine has a cap on how many times you can bathhouse event them. Generation heroines have higher caps than other girls in the party (Such as Fiona or Iva).

3. Weapon builds somehow i was always using swords they always seemed strong for each generation wondering if there are better weapons for the main in each gen cause i was thinking of switching to a other type?

Weapons in this game include - Sword (Which now includes Greatswords and Daggers in one category), Staffs, Fists, Guns, Scythes and Spears. You'll notice the absence of breakers/chakrams. Like in 0 and 1, most weapons have a "Physical Damage type" or "Magical damage type"

Like in Agarest 0, you can make the generation 1 hero able to use ANYTHING and be a warrior, mage, or battle mage. This also affects what his descendants will be able to use when paired with various heroines (For example, I went warrior with swords for Generation 1, my son also used Swords when paired with Victoria, but when my son was paired with certain heroines in generation 2 he would've used scythes potentially).

4. I'm guessing capturing monsters is removed?

From what I can tell yes, capturing monsters is removed.

5. Do you get a larva partner in this one like the previous games?

From what I can tell, no. You still get the series staple character types though such as -

The Dyshana/Mimel scythe user
The Ellis/Alice high elf healer
The harpuia female heroine
The totally bro gunner

You can only use 4 members per party, so maintaining a good balance of skills and character archetypes is key. As well as having at least one finish strike/combination arte to default to.
#5Prototype909(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2012 11:06:49 AM
What is the difficulty like for 2? Will it be closer to Cross Edge or its own series? I mean I was able to get through Cross Edge on normal with a few problems here and there, but ultimately managed to beat it without any help.

I haven't ever played Cross Edge, but I've played both Agarest 1 and 0 on both normal and hard/extra difficulty multiple times and I can say Agarest 2 is a LOT harder, even on normal. This is mainly due to changes in the combat system that remove the ability to use "sacrifice strategies" where you would just let one tank character die over and over to build up SP. In this game, when your characters die all it does is give the enemy more advantage, there is no benefit for you.

This requires you to play a LOT more offensively and have a really good grasp of combination skills and attack routes because unless you can consistently achieve "Break" some bosses just aren't going to be feeling much. Original Skills also seem comparatively weaker to EX artes in Agarest 1 and 0. You aren't just going to throw out a level 2 Original Skill and see bosses drop dead, you really have to work for it in comparison to Agarest 1 or 0.

If you try to play this game like Agarest War 1 or 0, you will get destroyed later in the game, so it's important to adapt to the new system fast. Trying to handle bosses like Agarest 1 or 0 will especially ruin your day if you mess with the "God Monsters" which are scattered throughout the generations (Different from the end game "Gods"). These are pretty much like periodic super bosses that are completely optional, but are required to see some events. They also drop really powerful gear when over killed most of the time and give you a ton of experience and gold.
#6phoniex10_Posted 5/18/2012 11:08:45 AM
As for having a clear save for record of agarest war zero save imported to agarest 2 you have the following
Silver Bar x99
Platinum Bar x99
Mythril x99
Orichalcum x99
Black Bustier
Princess Tiara
Proof of Princess
1,000,000 Gold
1,000 PP
10,000 TP
Just found this on a way back topic and decide to put it in hope this helps
---
Agarest Zero Exhibition (Made by me)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FL8RRXUdt4
#7Prototype909(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2012 11:12:13 AM
Thanks for the info.

Having that much G early in the game would be extremely beneficial, seeing as unless you grind like a complete beast it would be otherwise impossible to get enough G to pay for some of the bathhouse guild quests first time through the game.
#8Ragno_SakiPosted 5/18/2012 2:19:58 PM
Thanks for the info
Im looking forward to it now :)
#9CrazyKennethPosted 5/18/2012 3:04:14 PM
I'm honestly still debating on whether to get the ENG copy. The Agarest Zero carry data feels a bit cheap for what the game requires from you. On the other hand, I don't want to wait until this becomes extremely limited...
---
PSN: RPGKenneth
#10phoniex10_Posted 5/18/2012 6:00:29 PM
^Imagine the over powerness with the free dlc lol and the characters
The game would be broken only in the beginning or even more.
[Long post heading sorry and i don't think this should be posted but anyway]
Plus i have a question even through i played the japanese version and did miserably on it.
is there a way in character creation to make a Vice battle mage scythe?
Because all i get is swords;guns;spears and knuckles the closest thing i have is a atk vice with stats as.
Wiess [Vice] Lv.1
Custom Type:Battle mage
Weapon: Sword/great sword
Weapon combo: 2x rod&Swd ,2 sword,1 dagger,1 scythe
Hp 1150,Ap 20;Cp 63
Stats
Str A
Vit B
Agi A
Dex A
Int B
Mnd C
Elemental stats [Yes you can customize your elemental during the character creation as long as you meet the requirements for the skill books Don't know Japanese but this is my geist of it]
General = 6
Combo = 6
Power = 5
Range [Special just change of name]= 5
Fire = 6
Water = 4
Elec = 5
Wind = 5
Earth = 5
Light = 5
Dark = 6
Extra/Neutral:6