Olympus Coliseum's Mystery

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
  3. Olympus Coliseum's Mystery

User Info: Serp3ntarius

Serp3ntarius
6 years ago#1

There are some odd things about Olympus Coliseum:

1. Every stage has three buttons:

- Free Roam

- Replay whole World's Story

- Replay only Boss Battle

However, Olympus Coliseum is lacking the last of the three options.

Additionaly:

2. When scrolling through the Worlds, you can see some statistics on the lower screen. Those have two pages for every world:

- General Statistics (treasure found, level you should have etc.)

- Scores (S/A/B score rewards for the final boss, one table for each difficulty)

However, Olympus Coliseum has FOUR pages.

Three of them are Boss Battle Scores - EVEN THOUGH YOU CANNOT REPEAT THE BOSS BATTLES TO GET SCORES!

And also, the rewards from the 3rd and 4th page are a lot more valuable than those of the 2nd page of every other world.

This means that there has to be some kind of Post-game-content available in the coliseum. However, I am completely unable to find out how the hell to play it. Phil only has a stupid quest for some Debug Device: R available and Hercules is just talking some japanese. The entrance to the Arena is only a system area for phil's quest item and outside of the Vestibule is only a near-endless battle against some random low level heartless.

I cannot figure out what's going on with Olympus Coliseum.

Maybe someone out there has found out and is willing to share it here?

User Info: KilledHeart

KilledHeart
6 years ago#2
EVEN THOUGH YOU CANNOT REPEAT THE BOSS BATTLES TO GET SCORES!

You can, it's just that it starts right off the bat, so you gotta re-do the chapter.
And there are three "challenges" on it, when you first go there, you only have to beat 5 Layers, but if you re-do it, you can try for 15, and after clearing that 30.
Each of these 3 gets his own page so that's why the 4 pages.

Serp3ntarius
6 years ago#3
That makes sense. Gonna do that, thanks.

Could it be that the Metal Chocobo is aquired this way? It is some cloud-ish weapon if I remember correctly from KH1, and I have no Idea where to get it (only seen it on a screenshot from some guy who got it with cheats).

User Info: KilledHeart

KilledHeart
6 years ago#4
I don't know, maybe.
There are 3 slots for enemies after Hades, one is Rock Titan, which is the 15th layer boss.
By logic, the others should be Ice Titan and you-know-who, the later which may give it.
I'm just sure it's not a Bonus Item.

User Info: franchojavilond

franchojavilond
6 years ago#5
hey guys, i see u know more than me about this game so, plz can u help me with this problem? ^^

Well i started the game yesterday, no guides etc..., i got to this point, coliseum..., i played until cerberus battle, but this is impossible to me to pass, im lvl 16 now, i use all things to take defense, attack, life recovery and all that stuff, at firts good, but when all this stats go off i get very hurt until i die

The thing is that, i forgot to take cloud in my party as i saw in other gameplay videos, my question is:
Is there anyways to take cloud with me?, cause i cant go back to the previous room and i saved the game :S, and if i cant, how can i pass this part without him?

Thnks to all =)

User Info: Fippe94

Fippe94
6 years ago#6

I don't know, maybe.
There are 3 slots for enemies after Hades, one is Rock Titan, which is the 15th layer boss.
By logic, the others should be Ice Titan and you-know-who, the later which may give it.
I'm just sure it's not a Bonus Item.

So you mean there is 3 more optional bosses aside from the extra strong version of the final battle? Cool. Can't wait till January...
My Kingdom Hearts videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Fippe949

Serp3ntarius
6 years ago#7
Indeed.
I can now confirm that you find Metal Chocobo on Layer 27 in a Treasure Block in the upper right room.

User Info: Goombacrusher

Goombacrusher
6 years ago#8
Rock Titan is battled using the turn-based style, right?
And that will be awesome if Ice Titan and Seph are there also.
"I disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler"
-Jon Stewart

Serp3ntarius
6 years ago#9
Aaannnd the Layer 30 Coliseum boss iiiiis....

Not Sephiroth.

It's IceTitan Dude.

Guess that would've been too epic - fighting sephiroth in a turn-based battle. The nostalgia would just explode a normal gamer's head.

User Info: conker516

conker516
6 years ago#10
So then who is the last of the olympus coliseum bosses?
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
  3. Olympus Coliseum's Mystery

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived