Olympus Coliseum's Mystery

#1Serp3ntariusPosted 10/10/2010 7:40:32 AM

There are some odd things about Olympus Coliseum:

1. Every stage has three buttons:

- Free Roam

- Replay whole World's Story

- Replay only Boss Battle

However, Olympus Coliseum is lacking the last of the three options.

Additionaly:

2. When scrolling through the Worlds, you can see some statistics on the lower screen. Those have two pages for every world:

- General Statistics (treasure found, level you should have etc.)

- Scores (S/A/B score rewards for the final boss, one table for each difficulty)

However, Olympus Coliseum has FOUR pages.

Three of them are Boss Battle Scores - EVEN THOUGH YOU CANNOT REPEAT THE BOSS BATTLES TO GET SCORES!

And also, the rewards from the 3rd and 4th page are a lot more valuable than those of the 2nd page of every other world.

This means that there has to be some kind of Post-game-content available in the coliseum. However, I am completely unable to find out how the hell to play it. Phil only has a stupid quest for some Debug Device: R available and Hercules is just talking some japanese. The entrance to the Arena is only a system area for phil's quest item and outside of the Vestibule is only a near-endless battle against some random low level heartless.

I cannot figure out what's going on with Olympus Coliseum.

Maybe someone out there has found out and is willing to share it here?

#2KilledHeartPosted 10/10/2010 7:57:41 AM
EVEN THOUGH YOU CANNOT REPEAT THE BOSS BATTLES TO GET SCORES!

You can, it's just that it starts right off the bat, so you gotta re-do the chapter.
And there are three "challenges" on it, when you first go there, you only have to beat 5 Layers, but if you re-do it, you can try for 15, and after clearing that 30.
Each of these 3 gets his own page so that's why the 4 pages.
#3Serp3ntarius(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2010 8:52:52 AM
That makes sense. Gonna do that, thanks.

Could it be that the Metal Chocobo is aquired this way? It is some cloud-ish weapon if I remember correctly from KH1, and I have no Idea where to get it (only seen it on a screenshot from some guy who got it with cheats).
#4KilledHeartPosted 10/10/2010 9:08:25 AM
I don't know, maybe.
There are 3 slots for enemies after Hades, one is Rock Titan, which is the 15th layer boss.
By logic, the others should be Ice Titan and you-know-who, the later which may give it.
I'm just sure it's not a Bonus Item.
#5franchojavilondPosted 10/10/2010 9:32:25 AM
hey guys, i see u know more than me about this game so, plz can u help me with this problem? ^^

Well i started the game yesterday, no guides etc..., i got to this point, coliseum..., i played until cerberus battle, but this is impossible to me to pass, im lvl 16 now, i use all things to take defense, attack, life recovery and all that stuff, at firts good, but when all this stats go off i get very hurt until i die

The thing is that, i forgot to take cloud in my party as i saw in other gameplay videos, my question is:
Is there anyways to take cloud with me?, cause i cant go back to the previous room and i saved the game :S, and if i cant, how can i pass this part without him?

Thnks to all =)
#6Fippe94Posted 10/10/2010 9:47:45 AM

I don't know, maybe.
There are 3 slots for enemies after Hades, one is Rock Titan, which is the 15th layer boss.
By logic, the others should be Ice Titan and you-know-who, the later which may give it.
I'm just sure it's not a Bonus Item.

So you mean there is 3 more optional bosses aside from the extra strong version of the final battle? Cool. Can't wait till January...
My Kingdom Hearts videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Fippe949
#7Serp3ntarius(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2010 5:56:19 PM
Indeed.
I can now confirm that you find Metal Chocobo on Layer 27 in a Treasure Block in the upper right room.
#8GoombacrusherPosted 10/10/2010 6:07:16 PM
Rock Titan is battled using the turn-based style, right?
And that will be awesome if Ice Titan and Seph are there also.
---
"I disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler"
-Jon Stewart
#9Serp3ntarius(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2010 6:31:14 PM
Aaannnd the Layer 30 Coliseum boss iiiiis....

Not Sephiroth.

It's IceTitan Dude.

Guess that would've been too epic - fighting sephiroth in a turn-based battle. The nostalgia would just explode a normal gamer's head.
#10conker516Posted 10/10/2010 7:27:35 PM
So then who is the last of the olympus coliseum bosses?