The heights DLC is canceled

#1NintenDawg86Posted 3/18/2012 11:23:03 PM
The heights just isn't coming. Rumors from the people that talk to the developers at evolution says they canceled the add on content due to poor game sales and lack of funding. Sux they had to tease us with that card I was soo looking forward to it. Lol now its ghostware dlc. Maybe one of the first?
---
Perpixelated
#2spaceboy21Posted 3/20/2012 7:26:53 AM

that's unfortunate.  I really enjoyed this game and played it a fair amount when it launched.  I did alot of offline during the PSN outage and then online.  I'm kind of horrible at it though but I do think it's a blast.  I haven't played in awhile, but I'm currently addicted to Motorstorm RC and it's making me want to revisit Apocalypse.  I loved the weekly challenges and free DLC they gave with this.  I'm not sure why it wasn't more popular.

#3LinconSixEchoPosted 3/20/2012 8:40:55 AM

I love this game but the lack of support will make me weary of buying the fourth installment (if there is one).  Pacific Rift felt like it had a longer life than Apocalypse.  I had been looking forward to the final DLC card.  Every Friday I would go into the PSN store and see if there was new content besides the occasional free car paint job.

#4NintenDawg86(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2012 4:23:43 PM
I don't think it was the games fault. It got pretty solid reviews. Honestly the game wasn't hyped up or marketed hardly at all. I didn't see really anything about this game on ign or in game informer untill after it was out. And I don't think I saw a commercial either. Hell I didn't know the game existed untill the psn store came back online. Had the network not gone down a lot more people with ps3's would have known the game existed during the first critical weeks of sales. The game being delayed also backfired on sony. Further crippling sales because sony was afraid of backlash about the japanese earthquake. I don't think it was a smart decision because the game flopped for no reason I doubt the japanese or whoever would even be offened by the game. Hopefully sony learned their lesson people need to want to buy the game for it to sell, and its hard to want to buy a game if you don't know about it.
---
Perpixelated
#5spaceboy21Posted 3/20/2012 7:17:17 PM

well, yeah, Sony and good marketing don't go hand in hand at all.  I can understand saving money on less marketing, it's hard to get those dollars back, but they just need to be smarter about how they market a game I think.  Definitely the Tsunami and PSN outage crippled MS:A.  Loved the game though.

#6munky47879Posted 3/21/2012 11:44:09 AM
The tsunami caused a delay and not only that, Sony ceased promoting and advertising the game because of it. Added with the PSN outage, it's easy to see why this game did not sell as well as it should've.
---
PSN: Clisp
#7ReDDevil2112Posted 4/15/2012 9:21:14 PM
^That. Just about everything worked against the game, which is a real shame. And I had kinda figured by now that we're a full year from release with no news that the DLC was cancelled, but it's still disappointing. I keep hoping they will make Apocalypse 2, but there's pretty much no chance of that :(
---
Seven minutes. Seven minutes is all I can spare to play with you.
#8xzxGODZILLAxzxPosted 4/26/2012 11:22:21 PM
With Sony's IP's this gen, unless it's called "God of War" or "Uncharted" nobody buys into the franchise after the first disc hits shelves.
---
I am here to spread awareness of Godzilla.