Any word on part 2 yet?

#1You_Need_A_LifePosted 1/23/2011 2:59:41 PM
Hmm?
#2ACasserPosted 1/23/2011 7:16:55 PM
This game came out what.... two weeks ago? Give the developers some time to look at sales and decide if a second part is worth their while.

There are no promises of a second part. Sure, it is implied by the ending of this game, but that doesn't mean it is going to happen.
#3You_Need_A_Life(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2011 7:10:57 AM
It may have come out on the PS Store two weeks ago, but it's been out for months on the 360. I think my question was a valid one...
#4NasteemanPosted 1/24/2011 9:02:00 AM
Actually, it's only been out on Xbox for two months. Way too early to talk about a sequel yet.
#5You_Need_A_Life(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2011 11:25:20 AM
Two months is "months," and the game was always intended to be a trilogy, written as a trilogy, etc.

I know it's still early, I'm just curious if anyone's stumbled upon info regarding the production of the second part. Work on MGS2 began one week after the US release of MGS1, and may games' sequels begin production that quickly, especially when there's a full series in mind.

Anyway, I take it the answer is no then.
#6ACasserPosted 1/24/2011 4:40:01 PM
The ending of the game implies sequel, but there's a world of difference between "implies" and the promise of a sequel (let alone a trilogy). As for the time frame.... perhaps the developers are waiting to see how the game sells before they set to work on the next part. After all, if the first part bombs (and $15 is a lot of money for a PSN game, near as I can tell), there's little point in devoting the resources to a second part that would cost them even more money.
#7ChaoticGoodPosted 1/25/2011 3:37:55 AM
It doesn't 'imply' anything, it flat out states 'to be continued', which is the opposite of implication.
#8NasteemanPosted 1/25/2011 5:52:51 PM
True enough, but if the sales on part one tank, there's no guarantee of a part two. They likely do have a part two (or even three) planned, but if they don't make enough money to both pay for part one AND finance part two, ther will be no sequels. That's why it's too early to tell if there will indeed be more, they'll have to sell so many games in a certain number of months (6 maybe?) before they can go ahead with any certainty.
#9You_Need_A_Life(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2011 7:00:37 AM
The Devs very specifically stated on their website that this game is the first part of three, and that parts two & three will follow if part one sells well.

All I was asking is whether anyone's heard about part two being developed. Since not, I guess that's that, ha ha!
#10lucifer3999Posted 1/26/2011 1:27:22 PM
Yeah well the same thing happened with Too Human. Look where that ended up. The game was intended to be a trilogy but the first game sold poorly so they scrapped it. Same could be applied to this game