Serial number sticker peeling

#1forgetpandaPosted 8/17/2011 2:22:53 PM
Ehh anyone else have this problem where my serial number sticker pretty much came out of the box already kind of starting to peel off . And does anyone know whether or not it would matter if I just peel it off ( kinda bugs me to hold my 3ds and playing with something like rubbing up against my hand and kind of uncomfortable ). Do I need that serial sticker for anything @__@
---
3DS friend code : 4768-7632-7518
pm me your friend code if your gonna add me!!
#2Omega_BlackPosted 8/17/2011 2:24:18 PM
Peel it off, put it in the box.

Problem solved.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#3ecco6t9Posted 8/17/2011 2:39:30 PM
Good idea.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#4xLexLuth0rxPosted 8/17/2011 5:00:59 PM
Yeah you'll need the sticker if you ever want to trade it in... Gamestop particularly is a stickler about it.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#5Gavin_RozeePosted 8/17/2011 5:03:06 PM
It's not the end of the world if it comes off, as there's another sticker behind the battery with the serial number on. Still, it'd bother me if mine was missing. Maybe cut a piece of transparent sticky tape to align over the top of it?
---
3DS Friend Code: 0387 8761 0757.
#6d0wnerPosted 8/17/2011 5:29:02 PM
Nintendo may not take it for repair without the serial number.
---
shoot the core.
#7MarcosAKAshortyPosted 8/17/2011 5:55:07 PM
Just put tape of it. It is kind of important if you need to repair it or sell it to Gamestop.
#8SMT_MasochistPosted 8/17/2011 7:24:30 PM
I peeled mine off. There's a serial number on the battery I think and the box has one too. Damn thing was rubbing on my fingers since launch so I peeled it off with tweezers at the corner a week later.

Damn Nin! Jk.
---
Games: Catherine, RE:Mercs, EDF
3DS: 1375-7216-3398 <SayTAN> PS3: ENDBOSS78
#9hatemakingnamesPosted 8/18/2011 2:52:24 AM
xLexLuth0rx posted...
Yeah you'll need the sticker if you ever want to trade it in... Gamestop particularly is a stickler about it.

Those damn sticker sticklers..
#10XanderCyclopticPosted 8/18/2011 4:38:53 AM
On my DSlite apparently a year of normal play completely removed the sticker without my knowing. This was a problem when I went to trade it in for a 3DS and Gamestop wouldn't accept it without a sticker. I was furious since my entire financing plan to get a 3DS was thrown out the window based on something so random. Sometimes Gamestop policy makes me want to stab my eyes out.

If this is the single way to identify the system is a number attached to a flimsy sticker then a new approach is in order. Say a serial number indented on the plastic? That way if it is scratched out you know there is something below board and a legitimate paying customer didn't just lose their freaking sticker.

There was another time that I was trading in dozens games, and ONE of them hadn't been opened yet cause I hadn't gotten to it by the time I was ready to trade for a new console. Granted I got the game at that very gamestop and it had a GS sticker on it, but they refused my entire trade in cause one of the games hadn't been opened.

I understand in all these cases they are looking out for theft, but I propose employing common freaking sense on a case by case basis as opposed to treating your most loyal customers like criminals.

Sorry, I just needed to get a gamestop rant off my chest.
---
3DS FC- 5284-1402-0865