Can you StreetPass Swapnote with random people?

#1FlipManV3Posted 12/25/2011 9:57:52 PM
From the message: create handwritten notes and then share them with other Swapnote users on your friend list. You can send notes to friends nearby using the StreetPass feature..

It doesn't seem like it works with random people you meet. Can any confirm this?

Also, it says that you can unlock stuff using Play Coins, any place to go about doing that?
-
---
Now playing: Super Mario 3D Land(3DS), LoZ: Skyward Sword(Wii), Modern Warfare 3(PS3)
Waiting for: PlayStation Vita, Super Smash Bros. 4(3DS, Wii U), and more.
#2Miggi3Fr3shPosted 12/25/2011 10:00:58 PM
No one has really figured out how Street Passing works on the board (at least in the topics I've read) but it doesn't seem like the Street Pass feature was implemented well unfortunately :( And the Play Coin things need to be unlocked. Try saving about 20 notes and exiting the app.
---
Black: Azaezal 3095-7582-1802
Game Center: Miggi3Fr3sh
#3yabPosted 12/25/2011 10:01:38 PM
yeah it's only to your friends list.

Once you save enough notes you unlock the ability to unlock more things.
---
#4FlipManV3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2011 10:10:49 PM

No one has really figured out how Street Passing works on the board (at least in the topics I've read) but it doesn't seem like the Street Pass feature was implemented well unfortunately :( And the Play Coin things need to be unlocked. Try saving about 20 notes and exiting the app.

StreetPassing for this game or in general?
I know quite a bit about it if you have any questions. Mostly Mii Plaza stuff.

Anyway, that's pretty dumb. It kinda defeats the purpose of StreetPassing. Hell, it's not even StreetPassing at all, unless for some ridiculous reason you get in 30-feet range of your friend and not notice each other.
-
---
Now playing: Super Mario 3D Land(3DS), LoZ: Skyward Sword(Wii), Modern Warfare 3(PS3)
#5ferofaxPosted 12/25/2011 10:15:37 PM
can't confirm, but restricting StreetPass tags to those in your friends list kinda defeats the purpose. StreetPass was made so you can tag strangers you pass on the street.

I doubt that Swapnote's StreetPass is restricted though. It probably just takes longer to make a tag, because now SP isn't just doing handshakes and activating event flags. it's actually transmitting user-created data, and that might not be so quick to transmit.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#6Miggi3Fr3shPosted 12/25/2011 10:34:20 PM(edited)
No I meant within Swapnote. And it is pretty dumb... I'm still curious how it would work if it we can only use people we have saved their FC... Can't you only Street Pass with a system once every 8 hours? That would make it even more worthless within this app.

Edit: Although now that I think of it I think they probably didn't want people send nudity or something appropriate via Swapnote to people they didn't approve. While I know there is such thi as Parental Controls, some everyday normal adults would rather not see nudity. And other might be completely offended.
---
Black: Azaezal 3095-7582-1802
Game Center: Miggi3Fr3sh
#7FlipManV3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2011 10:39:18 PM

No I meant within Swapnote. And it is pretty dumb... I'm still curious how it would work if it we can only use people we have saved their FC... Can't you only Street Pass with a system once every 8 hours? That would make it even more worthless within this app.

From what the note says, it seemed to be pretty clear that you can only tag registered friends. I just wanted to make sure if that was true.
Being Nintendo and how much the game tells you to not send inappropriate things, it's not surprising.
-
---