Is the 3DS region locked for DS games?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is the 3DS region locked for DS games?

User Info: Megaman50100

Megaman50100
5 years ago#1
I want to get Last Window: The Secret of Cape West, which was only released in the UK. Would I be able to play it on my NA 3DS? What about my NA DS original (fat).
move all remaining groundhog mercenaries to the front lines. Have sheep troopers squadrons A and B flank the cows. They're using DC-17 hoof blasters.

User Info: so64

so64
5 years ago#2
Depends on the DS game. If the game is DSi enhanced, then it is region locked. If the game is a regular DS game, then it is region free. Thus, you should be able to play it on both if I'm not mistaken.
www.brokencontrollers.com
Reason without faith, heartless. Faith without reason, blind. 3DS FC:5327-0905-8783

User Info: Second_Chances

Second_Chances
5 years ago#3
If it doesn't have TWL on the cart at the bottom, it'll work on any. Last Window isn't a TWL game.

Megaman50100
5 years ago#4

If it doesn't have TWL on the cart at the bottom, it'll work on any. Last Window isn't a TWL game.

Cool, what does TWL mean?
move all remaining groundhog mercenaries to the front lines. Have sheep troopers squadrons A and B flank the cows. They're using DC-17 hoof blasters.

User Info: Crazyfrog555

Crazyfrog555
5 years ago#5
I believe it just signifies that a game is DSi Enhanced.
3DS FC: 4983-5409-3038

User Info: Number43

Number43
5 years ago#6
Keep in mind a DSi enhanced game will still work on a different region Lite or original DS (though without the DSi features of course).

User Info: Rolanberry

Rolanberry
5 years ago#7
Just booted up my copy of Last Window on my USA 3DS and it works fine, so no need to fret.

Its such a good game too...I may as well play it again while I have it on.

Megaman50100
5 years ago#8

Just booted up my copy of Last Window on my USA 3DS and it works fine, so no need to fret.

Its such a good game too...I may as well play it again while I have it on.

Yea, I've played it before, I just never finished it. I um.... rented it..... yea. I've never ordered an out of region game and I figured this would be a good start.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is the 3DS region locked for DS games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived