Overcharge?

#1gamerkid256Posted 3/10/2012 9:55:48 PM
Is there any downsides to leaving your 3DS plugged in for a long period of time?

Is there any amount too long?

If so, what does it do to the system?

Thanks in advance! :)
---
I'm not changing ths sig until Rareware makes another Banjo-Kazooie game the same way it used to be, none of this vehicle trash!
Started- May 26th 2011
#2EspharianRagePosted 3/10/2012 9:58:28 PM
I don't think it can overcharge, someone here has explained it before.

Also, I leave mines on all the time in standby mode on the dock charger. It's been a few months since I last turned it off. Battery is the same as when I first got it, no problems with anything at all.
---
I'd rather have the heart wrenching truth, than a heart-warming lie.
#3GameMaster14GMPosted 3/10/2012 9:58:39 PM
no since the system stops charging when its finished. granted you still get the maximum brightness when its plugged in, but once the battery is fully charged, the system stops the AC adapter from charging anymore.

it wont hurt the battery, its good to have it 100% better than 20%
#4JorgezxPosted 3/10/2012 9:59:22 PM
No

No

No

The 3DS stops using the battery when it's fully charged and instead uses the electric current directly., and tha won't make any damage to your system. But try not to put it in any closed places, because maybe then it can overheat
---
Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.- Plato
#5gamerkid256(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2012 9:59:46 PM
Alright, sweet! thanks guys! Good to know I can leave it on the dock, worry-free!
---
I'm not changing ths sig until Rareware makes another Banjo-Kazooie game the same way it used to be, none of this vehicle trash!
Started- May 26th 2011