Can the 3DS play GBA games? Download GBA Games? Download DS Games?

#1vazurahanPosted 8/26/2012 5:44:15 AM
I was thinking of getting a 3DS since I like playing Mario games but I also would like to get all of the previous Castlevania games starting from the GBA. The only thing I can find relating GBA games on the 3DS is through the ambassador program.
---
Official PlatinumGames Metal Gear Rising Revengeance forum
http://community.platinumgames.com/forum.php
#2GhetsisPosted 8/26/2012 5:55:52 AM
That's because that's all there is. Just ten GBA games, all exclusive to ambassadors.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#3OmicronwastakinPosted 8/26/2012 5:57:23 AM
At Topic Title. No.
---
---
#4vazurahan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2012 6:00:22 AM
Damn, that's sad. That's why people use emulators instead.
---
#5jakestar0306Posted 8/26/2012 6:12:10 AM
vazurahan posted...

Why? You said "That's why people use emulators instead." but you didn't give a reason. And how is it sad?
---
Jerry Lambert (Kevin Butler) is one of the worst people in the gaming industry.
People who agree: 8
#6jttucker13Posted 8/26/2012 6:17:33 AM
I skipped a gen, so I'm not sure, but could the dsi play GBA games? While I'm happy to see others interested in history, I'm puzzled by these topics. You get the current gen console, then want to play games that are over a decade old? Does not compute.
---
3ds friend code 3136-6728-1749 pm me if you add
#7Gogo726Posted 8/26/2012 6:30:12 AM
DSI could not play GBA games, but previous iterations of the system could.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#8vazurahan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2012 6:56:59 AM
jakestar0306 posted...
vazurahan posted...

Why? You said "That's why people use emulators instead." but you didn't give a reason. And how is it sad?

Because I won't be able to play GBA games though the ambassador program shows that it can but they won't release them.

It's sad because if I want to play SMB3 SMBW I'm going to have to buy another system.

I like going back to past games from time to time.

jttucker13 posted...
I skipped a gen, so I'm not sure, but could the dsi play GBA games? While I'm happy to see others interested in history, I'm puzzled by these topics. You get the current gen console, then want to play games that are over a decade old? Does not compute.

Because not every new game is better than the old one. I'm interested the new game Mirror or Fate but it's a very different game compared to older games. But I'd like to play both, the old and the ones without needing multiple consoles.
---
#9ninigoucnPosted 8/26/2012 8:32:08 AM
I just purchased a brand new DS Lite and some factory sealed GBA games off Amazon UK.