Could 3DS games work for the DSi/XL?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Could 3DS games work for the DSi/XL?

User Info: Monstermash13

Monstermash13
6 years ago#1
I figured, the games might not be available for DS or DS lite, but what if 3DS games could work on DSi/XLs? I mean, if there is a setting to enhance, or even lower and turn off the 3D picture on the new games for 3DS, couldn't you use them for DSi?

User Info: MRX_101

MRX_101
6 years ago#2
Doubt it. The top screen is a widescreen resolution on the 3DS, and fullscreen on the DSi/XL.
Ahaha, I have just witnessed what I have done here. Good day.
How big this number is: 1

User Info: xXdarkXshadowXx

xXdarkXshadowXx
6 years ago#3
The DSiXL is just a bigger DSi, which is an enhanced DS.
Just like Gameboy Advance Micro/SP are upgrades of the Gameboy Advance.
Can you play DS games on your Gameboy Advance SP? no, just like you can't play them on your Gameboy Advance.
|n\**/o\* |o)*||//----All FC's at Profile.
|_U_/*/_/\_\*|_|\_\* |_|\_\---Currently waiting for: 3DS(blue)+Kid Icarus, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Kirby3D.

User Info: snowman_5

snowman_5
6 years ago#4
sigh. no, they cannot. the 3DS is a WHOLE NEW system, not just a new version of the ds. the graphics on it are MUCH BETTER than ds graphics. you cant play SNES games on a NES, and you cant play 3DS games on a DS

User Info: Quite_Whittle

Quite_Whittle
6 years ago#5
Probably. The processor is just as fast as the 3DS, but developers haven't utilized it fully yet for fear of alienating DS/DSlite gamers and losing profits. But, painting it as a new system, Nintendo is locking the 3DS carts from playing on the DSi to keep profits and please developers.

Shame, since the 3DS is just a DSi with gimmicky 3D.

User Info: Spideymaster

Spideymaster
6 years ago#6
Whittle, you're either a troll or have no idea that the 3DS is a NEW, more powerful handheld and not a re-release of the DS with 3D.

How long is it going to take for people to realize that?
"If you want a story line, go read a book. If you want graphics, watch a movie. If you want to have fun, play a game." MetaYoshi64

User Info: snowman_5

snowman_5
6 years ago#7
spidey, just let him go. if he wants to pay 40$ for a new game, cut a part off of it and try to play it on his ds, thats his problem

User Info: Spideymaster

Spideymaster
6 years ago#8
"spidey, just let him go. if he wants to pay 40$ for a new game, cut a part off of it and try to play it on his ds, thats his problem"

I can almost guarantee you that someone will make a Youtube video of themselves doing just that.

Also, that's a good point that I forgot to mention.
"If you want a story line, go read a book. If you want graphics, watch a movie. If you want to have fun, play a game." MetaYoshi64

User Info: Quite_Whittle

Quite_Whittle
6 years ago#9
@Spideymaster

Yes, of course, I believe that you can play 3DS games on a DSi in the same way you believe unicorns exist.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Could 3DS games work for the DSi/XL?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived