Could 3DS games work for the DSi/XL?

#1Monstermash13Posted 7/19/2010 12:41:48 PM
I figured, the games might not be available for DS or DS lite, but what if 3DS games could work on DSi/XLs? I mean, if there is a setting to enhance, or even lower and turn off the 3D picture on the new games for 3DS, couldn't you use them for DSi?
#2MRX_101Posted 7/19/2010 12:43:24 PM
Doubt it. The top screen is a widescreen resolution on the 3DS, and fullscreen on the DSi/XL.
---
Ahaha, I have just witnessed what I have done here. Good day.
How big this number is: 1
#3xXdarkXshadowXxPosted 7/19/2010 12:45:49 PM
The DSiXL is just a bigger DSi, which is an enhanced DS.
Just like Gameboy Advance Micro/SP are upgrades of the Gameboy Advance.
Can you play DS games on your Gameboy Advance SP? no, just like you can't play them on your Gameboy Advance.

---
|n\**/o\* |o)*||//----All FC's at Profile.
|_U_/*/_/\_\*|_|\_\* |_|\_\---Currently waiting for: 3DS(blue)+Kid Icarus, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Kirby3D.
#4snowman_5Posted 7/19/2010 12:47:30 PM
sigh. no, they cannot. the 3DS is a WHOLE NEW system, not just a new version of the ds. the graphics on it are MUCH BETTER than ds graphics. you cant play SNES games on a NES, and you cant play 3DS games on a DS
#5Quite_WhittlePosted 7/19/2010 12:55:16 PM
Probably. The processor is just as fast as the 3DS, but developers haven't utilized it fully yet for fear of alienating DS/DSlite gamers and losing profits. But, painting it as a new system, Nintendo is locking the 3DS carts from playing on the DSi to keep profits and please developers.

Shame, since the 3DS is just a DSi with gimmicky 3D.
#6SpideymasterPosted 7/19/2010 12:59:00 PM
Whittle, you're either a troll or have no idea that the 3DS is a NEW, more powerful handheld and not a re-release of the DS with 3D.

How long is it going to take for people to realize that?
---
"If you want a story line, go read a book. If you want graphics, watch a movie. If you want to have fun, play a game." MetaYoshi64
#7snowman_5Posted 7/19/2010 1:07:11 PM
spidey, just let him go. if he wants to pay 40$ for a new game, cut a part off of it and try to play it on his ds, thats his problem
#8SpideymasterPosted 7/19/2010 1:10:33 PM
"spidey, just let him go. if he wants to pay 40$ for a new game, cut a part off of it and try to play it on his ds, thats his problem"

I can almost guarantee you that someone will make a Youtube video of themselves doing just that.

Also, that's a good point that I forgot to mention.
---
"If you want a story line, go read a book. If you want graphics, watch a movie. If you want to have fun, play a game." MetaYoshi64
#9Quite_WhittlePosted 7/19/2010 1:19:30 PM
@Spideymaster

Yes, of course, I believe that you can play 3DS games on a DSi in the same way you believe unicorns exist.