3DS has a dead pixel

#1HylianGodPosted 8/11/2011 11:15:33 AM
What Do I do.

I had bought Zelda DX about an hour before noticing.

I can exchange it for a new one because I got the extended warranty, and risk not being able to get ambassador status again.

Or I send it in for free repair and hope they send the same 3DS back.

or should I argue with CS and get a refund for LA and exchange it hopefully getting home in time to get ambassador status.

Help.
#2GigantuarPosted 8/11/2011 11:18:08 AM
Be like me and live with it if it's not in a horrible location. I have a dead pixel in the very lower left corner of the top screen. It doesn't interfere with DS games and is barely noticeable in 3DS games due to location.

I thought about exchanging it when I bought it but knowing that LCD's have a fairly high rate of dead pixels (it took me 3 PSP's before I found one without dead pixels) I decided to live with it due to where it is.
---
Good morning, Crono!
#3LightHawKnightPosted 8/11/2011 11:21:53 AM

Be like me and live with it if it's not in a horrible location. I have a dead pixel in the very lower left corner of the top screen. It doesn't interfere with DS games and is barely noticeable in 3DS games due to location.

I thought about exchanging it when I bought it but knowing that LCD's have a fairly high rate of dead pixels (it took me 3 PSP's before I found one without dead pixels) I decided to live with it due to where it is.

Is it really that high? I have yet to get a handheld with a dead pixel at the start... I feel like i just jinxed myself...

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#4kamikaze135Posted 8/11/2011 11:26:35 AM
LightHawKnight posted...

Is it really that high? I have yet to get a handheld with a dead pixel at the start... I feel like i just jinxed myself...

Very common
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#5zender1999Posted 8/11/2011 11:27:28 AM
keep exchanging it until you get one that you like, that is what i did with my 3ds and ipad2
especially on the 3ds, when using 3d in a game, a dead pixel is a lot more of a pain than on a regular screen
#6Fierce_Deity777Posted 8/11/2011 11:28:22 AM
Couldn't you get the ambassador games as they come out, then transfer the games to a new one later or something?
---
This post authorized by Adam Malkovich.
#7HylianGod(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2011 11:29:35 AM
It's about a centimeter down on the bottom screen off center. Thing I'm worried about is that I'll focus on it every time the screen goes dark.
#8blablablax17Posted 8/11/2011 11:30:34 AM
my original DS from 2004/2005 had a dead pixel
i used that same DS until i picked myself up a 3DS
its not that big of a deal
#9zender1999Posted 8/11/2011 11:32:29 AM
i would still exchange it, i hate dead pixels, but give this a try, massage the dead pixel for a bit, i had one on my lcd and it went away, i just massage it , just pusch the screen down gently and while you are applying the pressure, massage it
#10pikachupwnagePosted 8/11/2011 11:48:07 AM
LightHawKnight posted...

same with me. in fact i never had a dead pixel period(until i dropped my ds lite that had litterally been played for OVER 9000 hours and been dropped about 150 times already)
---
If you believe in JESUS and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig. 3DS ambassador member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers